The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring the cloud-based infrastructure's integrity, performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The YouVersion Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring the integrity, performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of the cloud-based infrastructure and related systems supporting the applications and platforms operated by Life.Church. This role will oversee and assist with software development, regular maintenance performance, and responding to escalated site reliability issues. The Senior DevOps Engineer is also responsible for researching industry best practices and stewarding resources for the team.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain software to automate and support infrastructure operations and ensure seamless deployments.
- Explore and evaluate solutions to meet business needs that lead to implementing solutions and evaluating the outcome.
- Limit system downtime by defining and enforcing operations and development standards.
- Perform regular maintenance and monitoring for cloud infrastructure systems and services.
- Monitor application performance and service-level indicators to ensure that objectives are met.
- Respond and initiate incident responses for high-severity site reliability issues.
- Implement and enforce infrastructure and application security controls.
- Research new solutions, improvement areas, and best practices.
- Define, document, and enforce processes and standards around cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices.
- Develop and train Site Reliability Engineers on technologies and best practices.
- Monitor and steward infrastructure and development-related costs.
- Interact with product vendors to evaluate solutions and negotiate contract agreements.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes in a concise and simple way.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 7+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Professional certifications in cloud engineering programs preferred.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.