Intersection's DevOps is a flexible and highly collaborative organization. When you come aboard you will play an integral part in our engineering arm, jumping between architecture, implementation and infrastructure management and working closely with other team members to grow and streamline our collective capability. The position requires a strong background in systems and development operations and expert skills in AWS.
- To design, build, and maintain client infrastructure and project deployments in AWS and on dedicated server hardware.
- Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support projects requiring robust and stable solutions and quick R&D cycles.
- Keen ability to understand the needs of the business and our clients, to work with engineers and product managers, and to ensure the infrastructure and deployment methods help to achieve client objectives.
- Help make our development practices better and reduce friction from idea to deployment.
- Ability to write deployment scripts, debug applications (from the infrastructure side), evaluate new technologies and bring forth new ideas for continuous improvement.
- Drive the process in which our DevOps operates and iterates/releases.
- Collaborate closely with the managers of Network, Desktop, Strategic Consulting, and Development teams to share ideas and approach projects in a unified way.
- You are smart, intellectually curious and self-motivated to learn new things and stay abreast of top technical trends. You have worked with Linux/Unix deployments in the cloud and on dedicated hardware where reliability was critical. You have designed, monitored, supported, and managed scalable and fault-tolerant systems.
- You have experience working with multiple public cloud computing providers.
- You are comfortable working as a senior member of a team, working with other members to establish team standards, mentor those junior to you, discuss the pros and cons of tools and technical approaches with all team members.
- You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure.
- You enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible.
- You are comfortable writing scripts in languages such as bash or python and have experience with configuration management systems such as Chef or Puppet.
- You are extremely reliable and comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment.
- You possess a comfort and willingness to secure and manage vendor relationships in the DevOps arena.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
Intersection is a design, technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds. Intersection is the result of a recent merger between Control Group and Titan and is the first investment made by Sidewalk Labs. Sidewalk Labs is a Google Alphabet company led by Dan Doctoroff that aims to foster the development of technology products, platforms and infrastructure that help improve life in cities around the world.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 600+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Strategy and Design, Technology Research and Development
- Advertising & Media
- System Architecture Design and Engineering
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is also the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for city residents and visitors with free public wi-fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the five boroughs that make up New York City. With this expertise and platform, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer