Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
Pinnacol’s data engineering team works very hard in a fun and supportive environment—and we are growing! We are looking for passionate problem solvers to join our efforts to build tomorrow’s best in class data solutions.
What you’ll do:
As a DevOps Engineer, you play a key part in realizing our mission to provide customers with tools they love. You will be responsible for infrastructure management tasks including design, development, and security in a Google Cloud Platform environment while working with Software Engineers and Data Scientists. You will leverage your experience and skills to design and implement solutions that will deliver Pinnacol products.
What you can expect:
- Leads projects through devops engineering lifecycle ensuring timely completion and effective communication to maximize value created and minimize costs
- Design and implement tooling, process, and data solutions in Google Cloud Platform.
- Implement continuous integration and deployment pipelines for various teams.
- Plan and implement internal products using Terraform, Python and other technologies to build customized solutions supporting business initiatives/processes.
- Implement best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging and deploying maintainable technical solutions.
- Develop solutions which adhere to data privacy laws and regulations using Data Loss Prevention toolsets and secure storage practices.
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern monitoring and alerting tools and practices.
- Enhance our platform capabilities and make recommendations to support a rapidly increasing org.
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure we are coming up with the right solutions.
- Accountable for effectively driving, communicating and managing changes that ensure the performance and sustainability of our software development and deployment processes.
- Stay current on knowledge and skills necessary for devops engineering, including programming tools, development techniques and related technologies.
- Leverage internal and external resources for learning and focus on what is pertinent to organization’s needs
- Conduct research and development, as assigned to expand the IS’s groups’ knowledge and capabilities
- Conduct technical interviews with candidates to make sure they have the technical skills to complete the job
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the table:
- We work hard. We have fun and energetic group that is looking for someone that can contribute to our positive, and collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail with follow-up
- Real team player attitude willing to jump in to get the job done-no matter how big or small
- Adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Able to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be able to work with little direction and are okay with ambiguity as the projects may be changing
Must Have Qualifications:
- Four years’ experience in cloud-based data environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure concepts
- Experience working with a team of Software Developers and Data Scientists
- Experience working with containers and containerized applications
- Experience with Networking and DNS
- Cloud-based data storage and security best practices
Developing Others: Ability to mentor others through constructively challenging assumptions and sharing knowledge with more junior engineers to foster collaboration and innovative development solutions
Adaptation: Ability to adapt in order to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, and with diverse individuals and groups, and lead others through ambiguous or changing situations.
Communication: Ability to listen to others and convey ideas effectively and foster open communication.
Innovation: Ability to generate novel solutions and creative ideas in order to identify system or program problems, and propose pragmatic solutions
Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with people and cooperate with others with the development team and across the organization
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus eight paid holidays annually.
Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, the skills and experience you bring, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with. When meeting the requirements, the minimum of what you can expect for this position is $132,700. The actual offer will vary depending on the candidate's skills and competencies.
Want to love your work? Apply today!