Senior DevOps Engineer
Peek is revolutionizing the travel activities space. The New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again”, and CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities”. Peek’s CEO was named one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30. The company is backed by tech heavyweights including Google’s Eric Schmidt, Square’s Jack Dorsey and TPG’s David Bonderman.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is an integral part of the Engineering team. You will be responsible for keeping our services up and running, as well as building out our server infrastructure to support future services and platform technologies. Our engineers participate in all aspects of running our platform at scale and have a healthy degree of impatience with manual processes and a passion for best of breed automation tools. You will be empowered to determine and implement the best solutions.
- You're passionate about high availability systems, and enjoy being on the front-line for critical server-side issues
- You love working on small teams with a lot of responsibility, wearing several different hats, and successfully completing multiple projects at the same time
- You're dependable, reliable, and able to tackle complex issues with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
- You love researching and utilizing the best tools and technology so that you’re building for the future and not just the present
- It’s all about (internal) customer service and their satisfaction
- Own all aspects of 24/7 production data-center operations
- Deploy and administer high profile web applications and underlying services
- Lead technology initiatives including the use of containers (Docker, Amazon ECS, Kubernetes) that drive scalability and reliability
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Improve the performance of our web applications and solve scaling issues
- Create robust automated solutions for the production environment
- Configure monitoring, tune system performance, and work closely with engineering teams
- Use, test, update, and create documentation for production services
- Significant experience with large-scale, high-availability, asynchronous, distributed systems; experience deploying & managing service-oriented architectures a plus
- Expert hands-on knowledge of Linux scripting and automation (Bash, Python, or similar)
- Must have 2+ years of advanced experience with Amazon Web Services management. This includes but is not limited to Route53, IAM security, VPC, Security Groups, EC2, ELB, S3, RDS and Elasticache. CloudFormation, CloudFront, Lambda experience a plus.
- Experience with monitoring/reporting technologies (e.g. Sensu, Grafana, NewRelic, CloudWatch). Strong plus for experience with the ELK (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana) stack.
- Expert with systems management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or SaltStack. Plus for experience with AWS management tools such as CodeDeploy or OpsWorks.
- Deep knowledge of networking (routers/switches, load balancing, DNS, VPN, etc)
- Experience with wide range of relevant technologies and distributed data stores including Ruby, Node, MongoDB and Postgres.
- Experience with source control and build systems (Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Travis, etc)
- Experience using NGINX for routing of web traffic