Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation
. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere
company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Pleasanton office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for experienced Senior DevOps Engineers with a passion for automating deployments and scaling and optimizing the CI/CD environments.
What You'll Do
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment that leverage AWS services
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any system being supported by the DevOps team
- 5+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- 8+ years of overall software industry experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing deployments in AWS cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in an AWS environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skill, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Codefresh)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform and/or Kubernetes at scale
- Strong scripting knowledge
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor health and performance of infrastructure and applications
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.