Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere
’ company, so you can connect with teams in our Raleigh office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in the office while also having the flexibility to work from home. A product hub is based on the primary location of a product, and you should live within one time zone of your product hub. Veeva Stats is based out of our Raleigh-Durham product hub.
Veeva Stats is a new business venture for Veeva, a startup with the backing of a much larger company to build a statistical computing environment solution for clinical trial analytics execution and the creation of clinical study regulatory submission data and report packages.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with a passion for automating deployments and creating, scaling and optimizing CI/CD environments. You should have experience with deploying enterprise applications in a start-up like progressive environment
What You’ll Do
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment that leverage AWS services
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate disruption for any system being supported by the DevOps team
- 5+ years in DevOps or SRE roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and implementing deployments in AWS cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to troubleshoot infrastructure issues in an AWS environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skill, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Expert in scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- Proven experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- Proficient with software configuration management tools (GIT or similar)
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform and/or Kubernetes at scale
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor health and performance of infrastructure and applications
Nice to Have
- Startup experience
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-computing product development
- Experience in Java, Python other programming languages
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Allocations for gym membership or health/fitness expenses
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.