Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Digital Content Lead for Brooks, you will shape and drive our digital content strategy, inclusive of article and video content and will oversee the creation and implementation of editorial content. You be responsible for understanding our overall digital content strategy, crafting compelling stories that align with our overall brand positioning and brand narratives, and staying up to date on trends and how brands connect with their customers digitally through content and storytelling. You will oversee an Editorial Content Strategist and work with the Brooks Creative Studio, agency partners and external content creators to bring the strategy and content to life.
- Drive the ongoing shaping and evolution of our global editorial content strategy based off Brooks overall marketing objectives, insights and learnings.
- Serve as the in-house subject matter expert on video content.
- Oversee the rollout of a comprehensive Brooks video content strategy and lead the creation of video content to support a variety of campaigns and programs, in partnership with the Digital Content Specialist.
- Advise key stakeholders and cross-functional teams globally on local implementation of the editorial content strategy. Support the Editorial Content Specialist in facilitating editorial content brainstorms and planning with the broader marketing team
- Supervise (including goal setting, performance review, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of the Editorial Content Strategist to ensure job satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of editorial content and wholly lead the creation of editorial content for select programs and campaigns
- Accountable for the KPI framework and performance reporting for all editorial content; partner with Editorial Content Strategy to regularly share performance data and insights with the broader digital marketing team to guide content optimizations and distribution
- Manage the contracts and relationships with outside partners/agencies developing editorial content for Brooks
- Partner with the broader marketing team to drive support and integration of editorial content across key digital channels
- Further shape and refine the Brooks editorial content development process with support from the Editorial Content Strategist
- Identify and recommend emerging digital content opportunities for Brooks digital channels (e.g., Spotify, Strava)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Digital Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in content marketing and/or digital marketing
- 3+ years’ developing content strategies
- 2+ years’ experience with video content – planning and production
- 2+ years’ of people management
- Experience managing outside partners and vendors
- Strong critical-thinking skills with proven problem-solving expertise to drive growth, engagement, and conversion
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit
- Possesses organizational skills to work in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize, and deliver against changing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and deadlines
- Outstanding ability to think creatively to identify and resolve problems
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with content planning and calendaring tools
- Experience with SEO best practices.
- Experience creating and implementing blog content
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
- Superior collaborator and communicator
- Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Passion and/or experience with running and the fitness space a must.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.