Small Girls PR is looking for a Senior Director to lead a dynamic team with clients in the consumer tech and D2C space including a globally-recognized social platform you’re likely to use, Jackbox Games, and Modsy.
The Senior Director is responsible for leading their team in creating and driving strategies that yield top results for clients. Clients look to the Senior Director for counsel, while the team looks to them for leadership.
Note:While this position is Work From Home through at least May 1, 2021, we're looking to speak to candidates who plan to be in NY long-term or are in LA long-term but open to operating on East Coast Hours.
How you’ll make an impact:
- As a creative thought leader, you’ll see your zaniest ideas turned into inspiring campaigns — this position plays host to weekly brainstorms, reverse engineers virality, and leads the creation of ownable moments for our brands
- You’ll act as the strategic lead directing high-level media strategy, brand messaging, and high stakes comms for the accounts in your purview
- You will oversee day-to-day work as well as the long-term professional development of 4+ direct reports
- You will participate in the responsibility of your team’s finances, including managing profitability, staffing matrixes, planning and budgeting with oversight from a VP
- You’ll be a key part of new business, both in voicing the brands you are passionate about taking on, as well as developing the proposals and concepts that win the hearts and minds of new partners
- You will have a finger on the pulse of the industry, ensuring we are creatively one-upping the competition with original campaign ideas, ownable moment ideation, and strategic insights
Why we’ll love you:
- You have PR & Marketing expertise with a minimum of 8-12+ years in media relations, corporate communications, and/or digitally-minded public relations
- You have strong client leadership experience and proven warm relationships — clients view you as a must-have on their account
- You have a rolodex of media friendlies across a variety of media verticals
- You’ve personally set narrative-driving strategy for brands that has continuously yielded feature-length coverage in top-notch publications and helped to further your client’s brand mission and vision
- You’ve managed and developed teams of PR professionals across multiple clients or projects
Why you’ll love us:
A strong culture: We have an employee-led committee that determines company policy together, and another dedicated to planning our weekly celebrations and quarterly outings (virtual or otherwise), book clubs and employee-coached trivia & intramural activities, a pet-friendly office when we’re not remote, a penchant for karaoke, and we’ve even taken our staff on vacations overseas.
Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care.
We invest in you: We cover 100% medical (for at least one health plan), contribute to your 401k annually (whether you decide to contribute or not), in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage, and more. We budget for you to network as well as reimburse professional development as it applies to roles, from InDesign to public speaking.
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.