You will lead our financial strategy in the region as a key member of the Greater China Leadership team, working with stakeholders at all levels as well as members of the finance team in Greater China.
In this hands-on role, you will provide functional direction and business partnering support, while reporting to the COO, Greater China and to the CFO of Asia & Middle East.
You will drive strategic financial outcomes that support the achievement of short and long term revenue and profit targets through compliant business practices by proactively identifying or addressing critical business issues and opportunities.
You will lead the team to provide reliable financial services to the business and provide key strategic advice on business growth from a financial perspective.
This important and complex role comes with extensive responsibilities and carries the full functional exposure to the Finance and Operations for Admin, Legal & Business Affairs and IT departments across Greater China.
This position will protect Sony Music’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth in the region.
What you will do:
Strategic and Commercial Leadership:
• As a senior member of the Greater China Leadership team, develop, lead and deliver strategic business plan, reflecting appropriately the vision, mission, opportunities and risk of Greater China.
• Act as a Finance sparring partner and trusted business advisor to the COO Greater China and Greater China Leadership team on key business decisions through sound commercial judgement and by highlighting options, trade-offs, risks and opportunities to achieve financial and operational effectiveness.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, lead, coach and develop both the Finance function and MDs/GMs in Greater China to embed client profitability and commercial judgement in business decision making locally. Provide unbiased partnership and a financial lens to critical decisions that will have long term impact on our business model in Greater China.
Financial Planning, Management & Reporting:
• Lead the short- and long-term budgetary planning and cost management for Greater China in alignment with Sony Music global processes.
• Track performance against internal targets and external best practice, making timely interventions at appropriate times, and drive accuracy in revenue and cost forecasting.
• Develop and manage Greater China affiliates’ performance scorecards. Own the forecasting and performance reports to key stakeholders based on one integrated set of data. Managed the monthly reporting and relationships with Regional Finance.
• Preparation of any Board files and participation in Board meetings as a member.
Operational Excellence & Control:
• Control and evaluate capital structure, ensuring cash flow is appropriate for our operations.
• Ensure control and governance requirements are met with full compliance with Sony Music Company, regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Drive operational excellence and understanding of the competitive environment across the business Visibly sponsor, drive and oversee process excellence or transformation initiatives in Finance and/or Greater China.
• Identify and drive implementation of new or changed Finance processes and methods which can improve efficiency, accountability and visibility across Greater China.
• Build finance capabilities, tools and skills on a continuing basis to increase efficiency and the value add of the Finance function across Greater China.
Risk & Cost Management:
• Overall responsible for the royalty’s income and collection across all Greater China affiliates and entities.
• Overall, in charge of cost control, registration and payment of overheads and operational expenses incl. headcount management.
• Accountable for the forecasting, book close, payroll and expense process.
• Actively safeguard our finances and perform risk management by analyzing Sony Music’s liabilities and investments in Greater China.
• Overview of all financial and commercial agreements in Greater China incl. deal memos, lease agreements Directorship and representation in China, as applicable.
• Manage and drive improvements in Working Capital, Treasury, and control financial risks.
• Additional value-added initiatives or ad hoc projects.
Who you are:
• A hands on leader, proactive and with extensive experience in a complex, large-scale international Organization in Greater China and relevant role as a trusted advisor and valued partner of a sub-regional Leadership team, where you have influenced and provided business and commercial input to both revenue strategy and cultural direction.
• A track record of commercial acumen and leadership where you see risks and opportunities behind financial data to act as a strategic business partner for the business.
• Functional finance expertise: Rich experience of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
• Corporate financial law and risk management: In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices across Greater China. An expert on current financial topics related to the Media, Tech and Entertainment industry and business models
• Commercial acumen: Consistently applies ingenuity, strategic thinking, and discipline to discover, prioritize, and realize revenue opportunities for Sony Music
• Leadership: Builds and leads high performing, resilient and diverse teams. Unites and mobilizes effective teams around a common purpose with space to grow through feedback and coaching
• Strategic decision making and action: Leads and makes timely decisions with the bigger picture and long-term vision in mind i.e., Takes care of the business today while actively preparing for tomorrow
• Relationship management: Build trusting and long-lasting relationships with artists and their ecosystem, as well as with external and internal stakeholders; creating a network of connections and building credibility and rapport at all levels of the business
• MBA in Finance or Accounting is preferred but not a must
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin. Excellent spoken and written English is a must
What we give you:
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.