Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K publishes some of the most popular video games on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization. Our Global Go to Market team is comprised of highly experienced Marketing, Project Management and Brand specialists who are passionate about these games and work together to facilitate Global Go to Market strategies to help to drive sales for 2K’s multi-format videogame releases in the marketplace.
What We Need:
Reporting the SVP, Global Head of Marketing and working alongside the senior marketing leadership team, the ideal candidate is a master of cross-functional leadership, highly strategic and ability to sell an idea, a practiced decision-maker, determined problem solver, and is highly capable of navigating competing demands and priorities.
The Senior Director, Global Marketing Chief of Staff (COS) will have an immediate impact on the SVP and team’s productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing key marketing executive program management, and communicating objectives within the marketing team and between departments across the company. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a mid-level management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
The COS must thrive in highly ambiguous environments. Capable of operating at tactical, strategic and operational levels, regularly handles the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departmental areas of responsibility. The COS must be extraordinarily nimble in helping meet timely business needs or gaps in leadership and accountability.
What You Will Do:
Strategy, Planning and Project Management
- Lead and drive alignment around setting global marketing vision, strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress
- Drive the global marketing organization of new and existing knowledge. Aggressively.
- Identify areas and advise where the SVP and Marketing leaders need to focus in order to meet goals or revisit plans
- Strategically manage the SVPs time: working with the assistant, looking at travel calendar, evaluating meeting/business needs and determine fit with priorities
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary
- Monitor information flow ensuring right information, right people at the right time
- Identify and take on ad-hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives like 2K rebranding, process rollout, and closing the gaps in business and operations
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives
- A master at building storylines and building or guiding the team to prepare presentations or proposals for executive needs
- Collaborate to ensure stakeholders are aware and accountable for action items, projects, and programs and deliverables are high quality and on time
Organization, Communication and Hiring Management
- Help build a successful and healthy global marketing organization: support to review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, recommend or design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Be the champion for Global Marketing and ensure the everyone's successes are acknowledged and shared.
- Work with teams and recruitment team to streamline compelling job descriptions and own resource management for the department
- Drive the priorities of leadership through weekly meetings, shaping offsites, and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met.
- Amplify SVP communications and make sure presentations are high quality, on brand with strong telling, and emails to a large audience have a huge impact
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs, process rollout gaps, team communication challenges and what is going on where
- Help facilitate internal communications, both within the Marketing team and the broader organization
- Work hand in hand with colleagues on the Finance, HR and Operations teams to drive employee satisfaction, recruiting efficiency, training, facilities, etc.. This role will be expected to juggle priorities across different orgs
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: marketing, planning & process, product and/or financial planning, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and his/her direct staff
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information