Beam Therapeutics has a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, collaborative and dynamic HR Leader to join our growing team. The Human Resources Site Head will lead all aspects of human resources at Beam’s manufacturing site in RTP, NC. The qualified candidate will be responsible for implementing the company's strategic initiatives in line with the overall HR Strategy as well as the company’s overarching organization objectives. Embracing and understanding the company’s business strategy will allow the qualified candidate to translate those goals into HR priorities and initiatives and help the NC leadership team assess and diagnose organizational needs relative to scaling the site, partnering with the Cambridge based HR team and hiring managers in the hiring and onboarding of new team members. Partnering with the NC senior leadership team, the qualified candidate will provide strategic thinking and guidance to regarding the organizational effectiveness, performance management, change management, as well as overall talent development. By engaging with the Leadership Team, the qualified candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, values, goals, and key metrics by developing short-and long-range HR plans, strategies, and policies with the HR leadership team.
- Design and implement the site people strategy enabling achievement of team and organizational objectives and a positive team member experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of Beam’s business operating model and how we work upon which to build a strategic partnership with site business leaders, HR colleagues and teams.
- Develop, evolve, and interpret HR policies and procedures that align to corporate programs and guidelines, meet the needs of the site, and ensure a positive team member experience.
- In collaboration with site senior leaders, sustain a culture of innovation, engagement, and empowerment.
- Create and execute strategies that engage, retain, and develop our team members.
- Prepare reports for the Senior Leadership Team using business metrics and KPIs.
- Partnering with talent acquisition team, set the tone for growth in recruitment and building a positive employer brand.
- Encourage a workplace and an environment of inclusion, diversity and belonging that enables all team members to contribute to their full potential. Partner with Inclusion, Diversity & Belonging culture team to support the team’s initiatives.
- Monitoring key people analytics, identify trends and opportunities for creating efficiencies and cost savings around related disciplines.
- Ensure an effective approach to employee relations including team communication, team member engagement, conflict resolution, and provide counsel in employee relations issues partnering with legal counsel as warranted for the site.
- Collaborate with the CHRO and executive and site leadership teams regarding succession planning, supporting intermediate and long-term strategic plans for retention and employee development for the site.
- Must be able to work onsite.
- BS/BA in business, Human Resources, or related field; MS/MBA is preferable.
- 12+ years of experience in Human Resources handling complex issues in a fast paced, rapidly changing, highly technical, pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing environment, experience supporting manufacturing operations, strategic HR business partner experience strongly desired.
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Strong executive coaching and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to develop high levels of credibility and strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Expert level skills in communication, critical thinking and active listening required to deliver development and execution of tailored and impactful guidance that positively impact the organization and/or mitigate risk.
- High energy level, enthusiastic, positive, upbeat, “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office with working knowledge of SuccessFactors.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities.
- Certification (e.g. PHR/SPHR) is nice-to-have.
- Self-directed, passionate about the work, and willing to take informed risk.