Who we are:
At R29, one of our core beliefs is that quality audiences are built on great content, and great content is built on smart, data-driven insights. Coupling those insights with strategic experimentation, excellence in programming, and targeted social and user acquisition, we believe that we can build the most influential publisher reaching young women today. We're looking for a creative, out-of-the-box thinker and leader who can drive our reporting practices, our synthesis of data, and our data-informed testing forward, further deepening our focus on data-informed creativity.
Who you are:
- A data fanatic an with a passion for getting to the whole story behind the numbers.
- An intellectually curious person who is not just interested in the what, but also the why and what next.
- Technically adept, scrappy, and comfortable hacking around.
- Extremely comfortable building scripts, tools and working with databases & SDKs.
- Possessing advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, and R preferred.
- Incredibly organized with finely honed analytical skills.
- A creative person who can tell a compelling story with the data.
- A strong communicator who can distill quantitative insights in a way that all teams can easily digest.
- A keen ability to discern between the metrics that drive growth and the metrics that are just noise.
- An influential leader with excellent management skills and a desire to nurture young talent.
- Manage and mentor a team of 8 growth strategists and analysts.
- Drive streamlined, disciplined reporting practices around audience and content, delivering intelligence company-wide in an intentional, impactful way.
- Identify untapped areas of analysis and prioritize existing reporting and areas of focus in light of overall business objectives.
- Be a thought leader for new content analysis and distribution strategies.
- Analyze workflows across teams and address inefficiencies.
- Champion an environment that drives insights to action.
- Synthesize data, ask questions, propose tests, and monitor results.
- Identify untapped growth opportunities in content and distribution, always pushing for new, previously untested ideas.
- Create rigor and discipline in R29's data and analysis practices.
- Oversee data warehouse, partner with Product and Engineering to automate the majority of basic reporting.
- Set monthly goals across all content teams (international, US, and video).
- Work closely with the content, engineering, and art teams to analyze and synthesize data, execute initiatives and increase content reach—both on and off platform.