Amyris is seeking a Product Development Manager to manage the development, testing, compliance and sustainability of skin care products. This role will manage the supplier portfolio and relationships, and coordinate cross-functionally from product concept to the first delivery. As part of a growing team, we are looking for a highly organized, business-minded individual with a passionate and collaborative spirit.
- Develop products over a 2-year pipeline, ensuring on-time delivery of critical project milestones through launch.
- Work with Product Development team as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure novel and innovative products are fed into product launch pipeline and delivered on a timely basis
- Create and manage master formulas and lab briefs to submit to manufacturing partners
- Oversee safety, stability and efficacy testing to set product quality requirements
- Work with Project Management to update and track NPD function of timelines
- Liaise with regulatory, compliance and artwork teams to substantiate product claims and ingredient compliance
- Evaluate incoming lab samples and provide feedback to external partners
- Support Marketing & Sales teams with product education
- Organize chemicals screened by Amyris Clean Beauty and building a data repository of raw materials and safety testing, including EWG pre-submission review
- Research and compile best practices for sustainability of ingredients, formulations and manufacturing processes throughout development process
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or related field, and has interest in green chemistry and sustainability
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in beauty and personal care, with an interest in and understanding of cleaner, safer and more sustainable alternatives.
- Knowledge and experience in product formulation and ingredients
- Extensive experience managing multiple projects and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Strong organizational skills; extremely detail-oriented and sense of urgency
- Must be as well as flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate
- Ability to combine creative problem solving, consumer insight understanding and an aptitude for strategic thinking in a fluid environment.
- Must be able to work quickly, take initiative, track the status of items, and be resourceful while working independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, while projecting a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.