Senior Director of Business and Legal Affairs
BuzzFeed Motion Pictures (BFMP) is looking for an experienced entertainment attorney to partner with the creative development and business teams in our LA offices as Senior Director of Business & Legal Affairs. We are looking for a self-motivated, business-minded attorney to grow with our motion picture division. This position reports to the General Counsel of BuzzFeed. BuzzFeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation, benefits and a stock option program.
Description and Duties:
- Support BFMP’s creative development and business teams to structure, negotiate and draft a wide variety of domestic and international agreements, primarily focused on talent, distribution, financing and other related deals.
- Provide practical advice and solutions to internal business partners on all legal matters affecting BFMP.
- Thrive in new and developing areas of the law, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk assessment.
- Be willing to tackle matters in and outside area of expertise with a can-do attitude; understanding that no job is too big or too small is critical to this role.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 8 years of related entertainment and transactional experience, including direct experience negotiating and drafting talent, film financing, content acquisition and distribution and other video, television and film deals as well as practical knowledge of the digital, TV and film industries required.
- Experience advising creative development, distribution and/or business development teams with respect to California, U.S. and international laws and regulations dealing with labor, talent, digital distribution, production and intellectual property is highly desired.
- Relationships with local potential business partners in digital, TV and film a strong plus.
- Experience working in-house or providing in-house support for an entertainment, film, television or production company preferred.
- Member of the California Bar.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.