Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is building its digital advertising business. We are using Coupang’s cutting edge technologies to build highly relevant ads for our advertising partners and customers. As a key leader in this rapidly growing business, this person will build a top performing team focused on delivering customer success for Coupang Media Group (CMG).
He or she will will hire, develop, and lead a team of account management, advertising operations, program management, design, policy, and shopper marketing professionals responsible for ensuring advertisers’ realize value from their investments in Coupang Media Group advertising. In addition, the leader will be responsible for developing and providing the tools, processes, and capabilities necessary to achieve our ambitious customer success goals.
What You Will Do
1) Build a high performance, input driven team
- Attract, hire and retain customer success team talent
- Provide strong mentoring and coaching to direct reports and team members
- Elevate skill sets and develop bench strength in the team
- Determine short and long-range customer success plans per ad product, account vertical, territory, and for specific accounts and execute tactical action plans
- Create and implement customer success programs and tools that increase performance by the customer success team
2) Drive measurable and significant improvements in customer success
- Develop account services and success strategies for the Korean market segment
- Build upon prior success in this area to continue to grow this opportunity
- Drive the account management, advertising operations, design, and shopper marketing processes to continuously improve results and the effectiveness of the teams
- Partner with Coupang’s ecommerce teams on category and product development strategies
3) Drive product innovation through thorough understanding and representation of customer and industry trends/needs to ensure Coupang continues to provide a powerful and differentiated value proposition
- Partner with the product team to prioritize and build innovative new advertising products to provide a truly better and differentiated advertising business for our customers
- Partner with internal teams to provide the right infrastructure, tools, training, and support for the customer success team
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional services and/or operations leader with a reputation for hiring and developing the best talent. He or she will have a track record of driving customer success, partnering cross functionally, and representing client needs/perspectives to the product organization. They will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading online firm or technology-enabled organization. He or she will have a strong track record of developing and executing customer success strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
The ideal candidate will have a reputation for building high performance customer success, professional services, account management, ad operations, and/or shopper marketing teams with a demonstrated ability to evaluate and articulate the value of a media property and services rather than just the features and capabilities. He or she should be a strong coach and mentor for the customer success organization and be adept at managing a services organization and ensuring excellent communication with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a talent for responding effectively to industry direction, customer needs and competitive positioning. He or she will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical or analytical discipline
- Ideally Advanced business degree or MBA
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in problem solving, diving deep into issues, identifying root-causes and successfully implementing solutions
- Ability to distill information quickly, distilling key takeaways, and presenting insights to senior leadership
- Experience working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to run meetings and work streams with senior leadership across the company
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Leadership experience
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- BA / BS degree
- Bilingual Korean and English (working proficiency)
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Coupang leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- Aims high and has convictions.
- Results oriented.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ([email protected]) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.