The Senior Director of Finance will play a pivotal role as a key member of the local Leadership team, spearheading our financial strategy for Sony Music Taiwan.
The core value of this role is to provide functional direction as a partner to the Managing Director and drive strategic financial outcomes that support the achievement of short- and long-term revenue and profit targets through compliant business practices by proactively identifying or addressing critical business issues and opportunities.
You will lead the team to provide reliable financial services to the business and give key strategic advice on business growth from a financial perspective. This important and complex role comes with extensive responsibilities and carries the full functional responsibility of the Finance and Operations.
This position will protect Sony Music’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth. It presents tremendous visibility and opportunity due to the many areas of exposure you will have across Finance, and Operations.
What you will do:
Strategic and Commercial Leadership:
• As a senior member of the Taiwan Leadership team, develop, lead and deliver strategic business plan, reflecting appropriately the vision, mission, opportunities and risk of this region.
• Act as a Finance sparring partner and trusted business advisor to the Leadership team on key business decisions through sound commercial judgement and by highlighting options, trade-offs, risks and opportunities to achieve financial and operational effectiveness.
• Actively identifying and evaluating deal opportunities in collaboration with the Managing Director.
• The role will provide comprehensive deal support and assist in developing business cases to facilitate informed decision-making.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, lead, coach and develop both the Finance function and the Managing Director to embed client profitability and commercial judgement in business decision making locally. Provide unbiased partnership and a financial lens to critical decisions that will have long term impact on our business model.
Financial Planning, Management & Reporting:
• Lead the short- and long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Sony Music global processes.
• Track performance against internal targets and external best practice, making timely interventions at appropriate times, and drive accuracy in revenue and cost forecasting.
• Own the forecasting and performance reports to key stakeholders based on one integrated set of data. Managed the monthly reporting and relationships with Regional Finance.
Operational Excellence & Control:
• Control and evaluate capital structure, ensuring cash flow is appropriate for our operations
• Ensure control and governance requirements are met with full compliance with Sony Music Company, regulatory and statutory requirements
• Drive operational excellence and understanding of the competitive environment across the business Visibly sponsor, drive and oversee process excellence or transformation initiatives in Finance.
• Identify and drive implementation of new or changed Finance processes and methods which can improve efficiency, accountability and visibility.
• Build finance capabilities, tools and skills on a continuing basis to increase efficiency and the value add of the Finance function.
Risk & Cost Management:
• Overall responsible for the royalty’s income and collection
• Overall, in charge of cost control, registration and payment of overheads and operational expenses incl. headcount management
• Accountable for the forecasting, book close, payroll and expense process.
• Actively safeguard our finances and perform risk management by analyzing Sony Music Taiwan’s liabilities and investments.
• Overview of all financial and commercial agreements incl. TOAs, deal memos, lease agreements Directorship and representation.
• Manage and drive improvements in Working Capital, Treasury, and control financial risks.
• Additional value-added initiatives or ad hoc projects
Who you are:
• Extensive experience in a complex, large-scale international Organization, holding a key role as a trusted advisor and valued partner for the Leadership team. You have successfully influenced and provided valuable business and commercial input in shaping revenue strategy and cultural direction.
• A proven track record demonstrating commercial acumen and leadership, enabling you to identify risks and opportunities within financial data. You excel in acting as a strategic business partner for the organization.
• Functional finance expertise: Rich experience of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
• Corporate financial law and risk management: In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices. An expert on current financial topics related to the Media, Tech and Entertainment industry and business models
• Commercial acumen: Consistently applies ingenuity, strategic thinking, and discipline to discover, prioritize, and realize revenue opportunities for Sony Music.
• Leadership: Builds and leads high performing, resilient and diverse teams. Unites and mobilizes effective teams around a common purpose with space to grow through feedback and coaching.
• Finance Processes Transformation/Optimization: Demonstrated expertise in transforming and optimizing finance processes to enhance operational efficiency, streamline workflows, and improve overall financial performance.
• Strategic decision making and action: Leads and makes timely decisions with the bigger picture and long-term vision in mind i.e., Takes care of the business today while actively preparing for tomorrow.
• Team Management/Development: Extensive experience in team management and development, nurturing talent, and fostering a collaborative and supportive work culture.
• Relationship management: Build trusting and long-lasting relationships with artists and their ecosystem, as well as with external and internal stakeholders; creating a network of connections and building credibility and rapport at all levels of the business
• MBA in Finance or Accounting is preferred but not a must
• Excellent spoken and written English is a must
What we give you:
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.