As the Senior Director of Finance- Asia & Middle East you will play a pivotal role as a key member of the Asia & Middle East Finance Leadership team, being hands on while supporting our financial strategy in the region. This entails collaborating with stakeholders at all levels and working closely with the finance team and the leadership team.
The core value of this role is to provide functional direction to the financial and business teams in the region, and to partner with the CFO Asia to drive strategic financial outcomes that support the achievement of short and long term revenue and profit targets through compliant business practices and by proactively identifying or addressing critical business issues and opportunities.
You will work with the team to provide reliable financial services to the business and provide key strategic advice on business growth from a financial perspective.
In this position, you will protect Sony Music’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth in the region.
You will have tremendous visibility and opportunities due to the many areas of exposure that you will have across Finance, and Operations.
What you will do:
Strategic and Commercial Leadership:
Financial Planning, Management & Reporting:
Operational Excellence & Control:
Risk & Cost Management:
South East Asia finance lead:
Who you are:
• A hands on leader, proactive and with extensive experience in a complex, large-scale international Organization within the Asia region, holding a key role as a trusted advisor and valued partner of a sub-regional Leadership team. You have successfully influenced and provided valuable business and commercial input in shaping revenue strategy and cultural direction.
• A proven track record demonstrating commercial acumen and leadership, enabling you to identify risks and opportunities within financial data. You excel in acting as a strategic business partner for the organization.
• Functional finance expertise: Rich experience of financial management, analysis, reporting and business planning with strong strategic, analytical and finance skills.
• Corporate financial law and risk management: In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices across Asia. An expert on current financial topics related to the Media, Tech and Entertainment industry and business models.
• Commercial acumen: Consistently applies ingenuity, strategic thinking, and discipline to discover, prioritize, and realize revenue opportunities for Sony Music.
• Leadership: Builds and leads high performing, resilient and diverse teams. Unites and mobilizes effective teams around a common purpose with space to grow through feedback and coaching.
• Finance Processes Transformation/Optimization: Demonstrated expertise in transforming and optimizing finance processes to enhance operational efficiency, streamline workflows, and improve overall financial performance.
• Strategic decision making and action: Leads and makes timely decisions with the bigger picture and long-term vision in mind i.e., Takes care of the business today while actively preparing for tomorrow.
• Team Management/Development: Extensive experience in team management and development, nurturing talent, and fostering a collaborative and supportive work culture.
• Relationship management: Build trusting and long-lasting relationships with artists and their ecosystem, as well as with external and internal stakeholders; creating a network of connections and building credibility and rapport at all levels of the business.
• MBA in Finance or Accounting is preferred but not a must.
• Excellent spoken and written English is a must.
What we give you:
• An opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our Asia business.
• The ability to foster innovation and make a significant impact on the domestic music industry in Asia.
• You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community that empowers you to drive the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• We are committed to investing in your personal growth and development.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.