Rockets of Awesome is reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, and exceptional merchandise. We’re making shopping for kids apparel convenient and fun— this is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative and strategic team working to develop a scalable omni-channel system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning and continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, and immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, and teamwork.
About the position:
We're looking for a seasoned marketing leader to bolster Rockets of Awesome's acquisition, retention and brand awareness efforts. As a critical member of the leadership team reporting directly to our SVP of Marketing and Customer, you will be responsible for our marketing strategy — establishing the balance between the ROI of paid acquisition efforts alongside brand awareness efforts that both dimensionalize the brand and result in measurable performance impact. You will further define and develop our message as the solution for families, while building and fostering a talented marketing team to ensure the brand continues to be understood, trusted, loved, and evangelized. The right candidate will be comfortable in an all-hands-on-deck, roll-up-your-sleeves environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast-changing startup culture where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
What you’ll do:
- Own growth marketing and dimensionalization of Rockets of Awesome - positioning, messaging, branding, and market strategy across our digital and retail businesses
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated plans to drive new customer acquisition - determining the optimal channel mix, creative message and budget allocation
- Lead the creation and execution of ongoing customer and community engagement programs for both the digital business and retail locations
- Work closely with the design and merchandising teams to better understand our customer needs, communicate our product assortment (visually and through copy), and create stories and programs that make customers obsessively want more of our brand
- Work closely with the Product Team to impact the prioritization of the tech, data science and product roadmaps for marketing related initiatives with the SVP of Customer and Marketing
- Partner with the Customer Experience team to understand the feedback we're receiving from customers and how we can both react and proactively create programs to constantly improve and evolve
- Be a great leader, coach, and manager to the marketing organization
We’re looking for someone who is...
- An experienced expert. 10+ years of well-rounded marketing experience, working with passionate consumer-facing brands with an emphasis on performance marketing
- Extra points for start-up, DTC experience
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to build and motivate a high performing team
- Proactive and solutions oriented
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to ideate and try different strategies with minimal direction—Highly data-driven and analytical
- Deeply empathetic towards the customer with an instinct for getting into their mindset
- Creative—An excellent communicator with strong storytelling ability
- Obsessed with building and growing brands!