Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Senior Director Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. This role is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the VP FP&A and Sales Operations, the Sr. Director of Sales Operations also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
- Partners with sales leadership to set sales and partner strategies, focus investment and growth for the business. Includes internal and external research and analytics for data driven decision-making.
- Oversees, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Drives the Global Sales Business Plan framework and its individual key components - coverage model, compensation strategy, go-to-market framework and predictive analytics – through the quarterly planning cycles.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Drives the GTM Planning process, working in close co-operation with Marketing, Product Management, Services, Finance, and Sales leadership.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Works with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to provide input in the development of sales incentive compensation administration. When required, arbitrates or clarifies the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Reports to the VP, FP&A and Sales Operations.
- Manages a Sales Operations staff focused on Sales Process & Analytics.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- 7+ years of experience at senior management level, driving sales, partner, and/or marketing strategies for enterprise technology organizations
- Strong presentation and communication skills a must
- Experience managing both small and large teams
- Knows how to work cross functionally
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment