The Senior Embedded Electrical Engineer, Board Design will be part of the Control System
team as part of the Product Development Function. The team works with other teams to
specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units for the control
systems of hyperloop - for safety-critical, real-time and other uses. Senior Embedded
Electrical Engineer, Board Design will contribute to the overall embedded control solution
by specifying, designing, and maintaing the embedded controller and other embedded
We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility
• Work on bringing up and supporting embedded platforms for Control Systems and
other teams, with a focus on circuit design and PCB layout
• Comfortable with design and verification of PCB schematics including
microcontroller/FPGA, signal conditioning, power supply, and analog/digital control
• Comfortable developing and verifying PCB layout design and manufacturing drawings
• Specify PCB components to meet performance and industrial/avionic environment
requirements: wide temperature range, low pressure, high vibration, etc
• Digest system requirements and develop board specific design requirements and
• Work closely with and manage vendors for board design through manufacturing
• Work with other teams to ensure design capability
• Conduct or work with electrical technicians to build and test circuit prototypes,
• Perform and/or manage rework of board designs, as appropriate
• Understand electrical system design and integration practices
• Familiarity and comfortability working with EN50155 and associated standards
• Familiar with EMI/EMC design concerns
• Circuit/Network Analysis
• Support embedded architecture design
The candidate must have practical engineering experience in PCB and electrical circuit
design. They must be able to develop simple design solutions to complex problems and
thrive in a team environment.
In addition, the Electrical Engineer must possess the following characteristics:
• Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide
variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different
perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
• A learner: you’re always eager to learn new skills; faced with a new challenge, you apply
considerable research skills and diligence to figure it out, though you’re humble enough to
ask for help when needed.
• Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several
interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the
challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements
that are subject to change.
• Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
• Experience developing a product from concept to production
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience on designing PCBs including microcontroller/FPGAs
• Familiar with circuit simulation tools, e.g., Matlab Simulink, LTSpice, etc.
• Hands-on experience with PCB and embedded troubleshooting
• Up-to-date knowledge on relevant design standards
• Familiar with Altium Designer, AutoCAD Electrical
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with sensors and data acquisition system, e.g., Labview
• Experience with designs around EN50155 or other equivalent standards
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.