Help us take on the world
OpenTable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our International Growth teams.
The successful candidate will join a small and hard-working team responsible for an upcoming greenfield project to rebuild a global product, A/B testing our global traveller UX and improving other global consumer products.
- You are proficient with C# or Node.js in a production environment.
- You love to deliver high value and high-quality products as part of a team.
- You value ownership, automation and data-driven problem solving
- You will be constantly striving to improve yourself, your team and our process. For example, you’ll use our 20% innovation time to try a new language then give a brown bag session to the team about what you’ve learnt.
- You will open-source elements of your work to contribute back to the community we ourselves rely on.
About our teams
- We use a variety of languages and frameworks and try to pick the best tool for the job. This team uses Node and C# almost equally and will support a developer looking to learn one or the other.
- Our data is stored in both SQL Server and MongoDB - again the best fit for the job at hand is used.
- We use Git for source control and strongly believe in the power of monitoring (Kibana, Elasticsearch, StatsD, Grafana) and continuous integration/delivery.
- Our projects have enough test coverage that we can confidently deploy multiple times a day.
- We run our projects in an agile style and believe in small, cross-functional, independent teams.
- We support engineers to learn and improve; we pair-programme, we provide generous conference/training budgets, we host meet-ups, we give conference talks.
OpenTable is the global leader of online restaurant bookings. Our engineers are responsible for building the next-generation OpenTable experience, which millions of diners rely on every day.
You can see more of what we do here:
OpenTable UK technology blog: tech.opentable.co.uk
About OpenTable: www.opentable.com/about
OpenTable GitHub: www.github.com/opentable