Spotify is looking for a Senior Engineering Leaderfor our growing Sales Engineering team in New York. This powerhouse team will be accountable for delivering technology projects and production support to Advertising Sales, Marketing, and other go-to-market (GTM) functions. This role will join the Financial Engineering Mission (FinE), and partner with five other Product Areas to accelerate Spotify's growth and performance.
Spotify has an extensive portfolio of capabilities built on Force.com and native Salesforce platforms to support our Global GTM teams, who deliver Spotify's advertising revenue. This role will partner directly with the Sales Engineering Product team in building a technology-enabled strategy, spanning across the entire opportunity to revenue process. In this role, you will have unique and challenging opportunities to think outside the box and deliver the team’s best ideas providing our GTM teams the ability to move quickly at scale. Engineering quality is as important as quantity.
The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in Salesforce, Force.com, and their ecosystem delivering high-quality engineering solutions with hands-on APEX development, API development, and Integration development with both native capabilities and Spotify’s development tools.
As a Senior Engineering Leader, you and your team will also be responsible for creating a scalable technology architecture including Salesforce and other GTM technologies. You will also act as the steward for strong engineering principles and standards, evaluating current solutions while planning technology roadmaps for Sales Engineering.
As a Senior Engineering Leader a week might consist of:
- Building a high-performing team by mentoring Support Software engineers and ensuring quality across our Agile lifecycle.
- Prioritizing, assigning, and monitoring critical software work with the team.
- Working closely with various partners on a technology strategy for Sales Engineering, including data integrations, build vs. buy decisions and opportunities to align with the overall Spotify technology stack.
- Collaborating closely with our Sales Engineering Product managers on key deliverables and milestones.
- Growing the relationships with our team's many partners across Business Operations, Accounting, Internal Audit, and other leaders within Financial Engineering.
- This position requires collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Sales Operations, Data & Metrics, Finance, and Accounting. To be considered as a candidate, you must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, analytical, detailed-oriented, quality-minded, and help champion a sales technology roadmap.
- This is an excellent opportunity to create scalable processes to support a fast-growing company where your responsibilities will increase exponentially with your ability.
- Manage a growing team of Engineers and Administrators to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions against the product backlog of requirements and functional capabilities
- Architect technical solutions for the long-term, balancing time-to-market versus the health of the platforms
- Responsible for hands-on development of key features as well as code quality and code reviews of the team
- Own the product and the platform - from technical design and development to the support and maintenance of it. We call it the PLAN, BUILD, and RUN model
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs
- Responsible for all engineering practices:
- Product Quality
- Technical Debt Management
- Agile Maturity
- Architect technical solutions that span multiple platforms beyond their core skill sets
- Balance the need for functional and non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, security, performant, etc.)
What you'll bring to the team
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years' experience in developing technology solutions
- An expert-level understanding and 5+ years of directly working with of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Marketing, Financial and Community Clouds
- At least 3+ year of leading SFDC development teams
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources
- Diverse background in programming in functional and/or object-oriented programming languages like Java, Scala, Ruby, and Golang.
- Deep understanding of different architectures, technologies, and functional domains.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar tools and overall Devops experience
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight
- Extensive knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems
- Must have a strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.