We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity and problem solving skills. We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to build our Automation engineering team in Lehi, UT office. We’re building the next generation healthcare platform, and we’re proud to be on the leading edge of this important mission. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare of those around you, join us.
What you’ll do:
- Manage an agile engineering team responsible for helping drive massive scale in our customer experience and operations organization.
- Develop a technology strategy to enable rapid testing and delivery of different reusable automation components
- Analyze operational processes to continuously identify opportunities for automation
- Recommend Technical approach and strategy based on analysis
- Drive requirements to our health benefits platform team around micro-services and critical APIs
- Build software tools to empower internal teams in the product and plan operations organization using our automation platform and micro services architecture techniques
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization for smooth delivery of Engineering solutions and enhancements to internal tools
- Build and lead a cross-functional team of software engineers over the next year, including Java and RPA developers
- Help mentor and grow your engineering team to deliver more advanced automation capabilities
- Be open to expand into the role and take additional engineering leadership responsibilities, as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 7+ years in technology / Software Engineering as a leader of Engineering teams with excellent management skills and collaborative approach
- 5+ years experience in driving and delivering end to end automation solutions and/or software products with quantifiable business value
- Adept at process assessments and deep understanding of use of emerging technologies in business domains
- Experience with RPA tools such as Automation Anywhere or other similar tools available in the market is a plus
- Experience building and delivering Java applications and libraries
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and leveraging micro-services to build applications
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex health insurance operations systems and/or customer experience tooling using cloud based technologies is a plus
- Strong cross-team communication and project management skills
- Self driven with openness to work through ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to hire, build and grow teams with “People Come First” mentality
- Experience working on microservices stack written in Java and Angular/React
- Experience or general understanding of health plan operations is a plus
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected].