Who We Are
Virtually Live is a revolutionary new VR technology, aiming to provide a new dimension of live event broadcast entertainment to fans. Our patented system uses live event data to recreate events in a real-time virtual environment. Every object on the field moves according to the actions of the real athletes, allowing fans to participate in a live event from anywhere in the world.
Team founders are responsible for top media and technology businesses in the US and Europe (Neuropro, TVN, SuperAwesome, Sony Playstation, Intuit, Vungle). Partners include some of the biggest names in Sports and Positional Tracking data.
Virtually Live is based in San Francisco, with offices in Zürich, London, Seattle and Spain.
This is a full-time on-site position in Pioneer Square, in the heart of downtown Seattle, a technological and cultural hub of the pacific northwest. For more information please visit www.virtuallylive.com or see our Angel List profile.
Who We Need
Can you create 3D assets that challenge the visual fidelity of real-life locations? Do the meshes and materials of your worlds bow before your strict, but fair rule? Do you have a seemingly bottomless bag of tricks for squeezing more environmental beauty within perf limits? We need an exceptionally talented Senior Environment Artist to join our crack team of entertainment art industry veterans to help create immersive, performant virtual spaces. This position can only be filled by a professional with a track record of hands-on control of 3D environments for use in realtime games / apps.
- Model and texture high-resolution and game-resolution terrain, structures, foliage and props
- Work with the Art Director to nail the visual style of the product’s virtual spaces
- Own, articulate, and evangelize the environment art pipeline for VR experiences
- Own the process of integrating of assets into scenes including placement and optimization
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem solving during prototyping, bug-fixing and polish
- Work closely with development team to ensure Art delivers from concept to launch and beyond
- Discover, advocate and utilize technology that will improve art production quality and efficiency
- Direct and critique assets created by external artists
- An exceptional demo reel/portfolio showing:
- Photo-real hard and organic surface models
- Photo-real surfacing and textures
- Extremely efficient game-resolution models with clean topology
- Smart UV packs with perfect normal bakes
- Game or VR / AR development experience as an artist creating AAA-quality assets
- Strong knowledge of cutting-edge visual technologies for games, including PBR workflows
- Experience leading and managing art team efforts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Proficient lighting and shader artist
- Unreal or Unity expert
- Art tools / event scripting experience and proficiency
- University or equivalent art-related degree
- Passionate about Sports and VR consumer entertainment
What We Can Offer You
- Working within a remarkably diverse environment with an equally remarkable diverse
group of international colleagues all of whom are passionate about developing novel technologies.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision at no cost to the employee!
- A generous PTO policy
- Monthly Healthy Lifestyle & Commuter Reimbursements
- 401K Plan
- And various other awesome perks!