Become a Senior ETL Developer with CYARA.
Who Is Cyara? As the world’s leading Customer Journey Management platform provider, Cyara accelerates the delivery of flawless customer journeys across digital and voice channels while reducing the risk of customer-facing defects. Every day, the most recognizable brands in the world trust the Cyara Platform to deliver customer smiles at scale.
What We’re Looking For:
Cyara is looking for a high performing Senior Developer to build a data pipeline and deliver infrastructure to produce data-driven insights to Cyara customers about the performance of their customer journeys.
This involves designing and building a data warehouse and associated analytical tools for a variety of user communities. Data will be aggregated across many enterprises and to provide valuable insights to Cyara and its customers. You will take ownership for the end-to-end data flow, processing and retention in the data warehouse and will empower Cyara’s Cloud Operations team (including a partnering DBA) to provide 24x7 vigilance over the warehouse and associated ETL and purging processes. You will also participate in a larger team developing downstream applications and data visualization components.
You will join a fast-paced agile/scrum product development process and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, document and roll-out products that execute a critical element in Cyara’s corporate strategy to expand its market and become trusted thought leaders for our clients.
Specific Experience and Capabilities Required
- Sound Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, and database architecture for OLTP and OLAP applications, Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis, Data Mapping and ELT processes
- Ability to create scalable ELT jobs
- Proven experience in dimensional data modeling and implementing Datawarehouse/Data Marts
- Good experience with Snowflake, Matillion, Pentaho, SCD, Surrogate Keys, Normalization/ De-normalization, Hadoop, Hive, Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and others
- Experience with Snowflake encryption and Amazon KMS
- Good analytical, programming, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good experience with Java, Shell Scripting and Python
- Experience in setting up monitoring for ELT jobs
- Experience with event driven processing and tools such as apache Kafka or Amazon Kinesis
- Constant lookout and proven experience with evolving needs for sourcing, standardizing and cleansing data
- Demonstrated understanding of data engineering and data integration
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot operational issues within a warehouse environment
- Coordinate with QA to produce test plans and test automation that ensures the accuracy of ELT tasks and support System Integration Testing
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed, team-oriented environment
- Experience in working with DBA’s on tuning queries and databases
- Understanding of best practices in managing enterprise data including master data, data quality, lineage and security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about evaluating new technologies to gain competitive advantages throughout Cyara’s data pipeline
- Experience working with high volume non-relational event data ideally working in both the event stream capture, and complex data correlation and analytics.
- Designing and developing high-performing data warehouses and ELT processes
- Design and build a data pipeline to pull data from multiple data sources including external feeds and push to staging and use necessary transformations to push the data to Datawarehouse/Data Marts
- Working with a DBA and NOC in troubleshooting issues related to warehouses and ELT processes/jobs
- Write SQL and stored procedures for reports and data aggregation
- Optimizing and tuning data-cleansing algorithms, queries and databases
- Contribute to ensuring the security of the data while in motion and at rest
- Ability to work with technical precision under tight deadlines
- Personal initiative and independence in achieving outcomes
- Ability to pick up new technologies and trends and utilize effectively in current stream of work
- Ability to work effectively within an agile team environment doing continuous testing
- Ability to produce high quality, well documented software artefacts
- Willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities, including technical leadership of the corporate big data strategy
What You’re Looking For: With this opportunity comes the chance to enjoy a flexible work environment, working with a global, all-inclusive team of innovators. We credit our amazing growth and success on the fact that we’ve built our business on four essential values that we live and breathe every day:
Customer Obsession. We pride ourselves on our customer focus and commitment of our team. Their dedication and relentless effort to hold our customer’s hand throughout their journey until favorable outcomes have been delivered.
Innovation. Don’t be afraid to bring new ideas, thinking, and approaches to Cyara and question our existing approach, as we believe in constant learning and continuous improvement. We take pride in doing things that have never been done before, no matter how impossible they may seem.
Humility. At Cyara we’ve worked hard to build a flat, team-centric culture where everyone rolls their sleeves up to get the job at hand done even if it’s not in your job description. No task is too small for all of us to do. Be confident yet humble.
Quality. Always put in your best effort and the results will take care of themselves! We don’t compromise the quality of your work even though time pressures may exist.