We believe there is a smarter, more data-driven way to make decisions in health. SOPHiA GENETICS (Nasdaq: SOPH), is a cloud-native software company and a leader in data-driven medicine. We are dedicated to establishing the practice of data-driven medicine as the standard of care and for life sciences research. It is the creator of the SOPHiA DDM™ Platform, a cloud-native platform, capable of analysing data and generating insights from complex multimodal data sets and different diagnostic modalities.
In our journey to improve patient outcomes worldwide, we are looking for a Senior Events Specialist who reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing. The Senior Events Specialist coordinates the implementation and deployment of event strategy to deliver Congresses, Corporate Events, Webinars and Workshops locally/regionally/globally with the objective of creating sales pipeline to ultimately generate revenue.
To achieve this objective, the Senior Events Specialist works cross-functionally with the Marketing team, ET members, Product Management and sales departmental leaders bringing a critical eye and proactive delivery to the event experience and outcomes.
This position includes between 30% to 40% of travels, depending on the related workload!
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
End-to-end Event Strategy & Execution:
- Ensures best-in-class event experience for both internal and external stakeholders during both virtual and face-to-face events;
- Work with the Marketing Department to understand and evaluate the needs at the global and regional scale aiming at creating sales pipeline (external events: conferences, webinars, etc.);
- For external events, ensure all outreach communications are timely and accurately delivered to the targeted prospect base;
- Work with the Marketing Dept to deliver a promotional package to sales for events;
- Follow the supplier management processes in a timely manner;
- Deliver the event concept from agenda (content) to execution;
- For external events, ensure effective lead gathering mechanisms;
- Ensure coordination of posts on all socials during all onsite events.
- Manage all event logistics pre-show and on-site including booth design, graphic productions, shipping, booth set up and take down.
Performance tracking reports, metrics for ROI and continuous improvement:
- Ensure timely attendee feedback through various survey strategies and tools
- For an external event, prepare and provides a follow-up communication to the attendees to continue building on momentum and creates a great customer experience;
- For external event, provide performance analysis of ROI and conclusions with recommended actions for continuous improvement;
- For external events, ensure a debriefing conversation with the attendees and senior management,
- Minimum 5 years experience in event management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred;
- Experience in life science events management or lead qualification is a plus;
- Customer Service oriented and passion for delivering high quality experience;
- Willingness to travel in various countries and continents (30 to 40%);
- Experienced in managing and organising virtual events;
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. Any other language is a massive added value.
You will be joining an organisation with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth.
Business recognition and accolades include:
- World's most innovative companies (Top 10)
- World's smartest companies (Top 50)
- 100 Best Places to Work in Boston
- Top 10 European Tech Startup - 2020
- Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch - 2021
- Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch - 2021
Plus, you will find :
- A flexible, friendly, and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Flexible working hours, including hybrid remote / on-site working model
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Location: Rolle, Switzerland. Office-based, including 2 days remote working per week.
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews.