We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team.
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
In this role you will:
- Execute all aspects of commercial reporting, venture finance management, and FP&A, including revenue management and accounting, pricing, investment management, annual planning and budget management.
- Reporting to the APAC Regional Finance Director, support local Leadership Team and DV Global Finance with meaningful performance insights. Work independently to complete regular and ad hoc requests as well as special projects that drive financial and operating performance.
- Continuously seek to improve financial and administrative processes and operational effectiveness, creating and implementing uniform processes across BCG Digital Ventures
- Develop, maintain and own models, collaborative tools, Tableau dashboards, BI tools, and presentation decks.
Commercial Finance Management
- Develop excel based analytics to support strategic decisions and present recommendations to senior leadership spanning pricing, revenues, profitability, staffing capacity, billability (productivity), headcount, sales pipeline, demand and other strategic levers
- Support Commercial Operating Committee, Pipeline and Partner meetings with commercial, backlog, pipeline and sales development reporting and insights
- Monitor booked revenue and pipeline to enable accurate revenue forecast and scenario planning
- Serve as thought partner to commercial teams to maximize price and deliver higher return on investment decisions
- Review project execution on ventures, identifying variance of actual to budget and understanding impact on forward-looking performance, raising awareness on potential adjustments as necessary
- Track investment activity and assess impact to P&L
- Proactively manage our DSO, teaming with client-facing teams on setting favorable terms and continuous enhancements to our billing and collection practices
- Own planning process working with Global Finance, Managing Partner and Regional POD to develop strategic plan and annual budget/estimates
- Regularly update performance against plan and provide recommendations to improve top and bottom line
- Proactively review operating expenses for accuracy and coordinate with BCG shared service accounting department on booking journal entries as needed. Work with BCG regional accounting/finance teams to investigate actuals variances to plan and make corrections as needed
- Update and maintain Target Operating Model
Operating Model & Reporting
- Produce monthly and annual presentation packages and communication materials to deliver insights on business performance
- Provide recurring updates to Regional Finance Director (direct manager) and other senior stakeholders such as Global Finance, Sydney Managing Partner, ANZ BCG Finance Leadership and Sydney Operations Director.
- Assist in preparation of monthly control statements and coordinate with BCG ANZ Finance to facilitate their provision of payroll, statutory reporting and tax reporting support to DV.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience in commercial support, account management, analytics & reporting, and planning/forecasting. Experience with management accounting in professional services background preferred, especially with digital experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written communication); excellent communication to senior stakeholders and ability to build working relationships with executives and geographically dispersed team
- Strong organizational and process management skills combined with an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Superb proficiency in Excel; strong knowledge of MS Office; Oracle, Hyperion, SAP, and Tableau experience preferred
Ready to take the lead? Visit us at BCGDV.com.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.