Who are we?
Meshcapade is the
3D digital human company. We are creating realistic human avatars for use in apparel, games, fitness, AI, and augmented reality. Using machine learning and computer vision, we model the nuances of human body shape and movement. We automatically convert photos, 3D & 4D scans, RGB-D sequences, Mocap and even words into realistic 3D humans. We are a spin-off from the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen, Germany and our products are powered by state of the art, patented research. Our core product, Meshcapade Me
, is an online platform for the creation, animation, and use of 3D digital humans. Our clients run the gamut of global names; a broad mix of tech, media, health and fitness, apparel, and education.
Our company creates the digital human layer that underlies everything - from the internet to the metaverse. Meshcapade's cutting-edge AI technology turns any type of data into 3D digital bodies in motion and is used by 8 out of the Top 10 Nasdaq companies.
Backed by some of the world’s best VC firms & angels, we're now looking for a Senior Finance Manager to build and lead our Finance function as we prepare to scale.
This is a key role as you will support our CEO with managing the company’s daily financial affairs as well as provide accurate reporting of financial results. It is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys the challenge of creating key processes in a scaling environment. This role combines financial, operational & strategic aspects that need someone with a hands-on approach and experience with venture-backed startups.
What you will be doing:
- Analyse and report on financial performance, including preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with our external accountancy firm on our annual reporting
- Prepare forecasts and comprehensive budgets
- Lead the finance operations such as build balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements and P&L
- Work with the CEO and stakeholders to maintain the company budget, monitor spending and manage forecasts to ensure Meshcapade meets its financial goals
- Help develop procedures to ensure that the company is operating efficiently and effectively as well as adhering to regulations
- Support the CEO on strategic decisions
- Collaborate with and support stakeholders on finance related topics
Who you are:
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in Finance within a German based company
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and/or a relevant professional qualification (CPA)
- Previous experience of establishing finance processes within a scaling environment
- Strong analytical skills and with an exceptional eye for detail
- Advanced Excel skills are essential as well as experience of accounting software packages
- Working knowledge of legislation and regulations in Germany
- Experience of working in a startup, ideally within a SaaS company
- Skilled at working effectively within international and distributed teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- This is an individual contributor role and you will be comfortable rolling your sleeves up to deliver on every day tasks as well as provide technical expertise
- Full proficiency in German and English
Talent Acquisition Process:
- Interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Interview with our VP Business Development
- Interview with our CEO
- Cross team interviews with other stakeholders
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package line with the experience required for this position
- Full remote working support
- An entrepreneurial team passionate about creating the technology to power the world's avatars
- Opportunity to work with an internationally diverse team
- Great perks (autonomy, flexible working hours, wellness budget, hardware budget, co-working space allowance and team events)
Diversity isn’t just a statement at Meshcapade, it sits at the core of the company.
We believe in the diversity of thought because we appreciate that this makes us stronger. Therefore, we encourage applications from everyone who can offer their unique experience to our collective achievements.