What are we about
LendInvest is a fast-growing FinTech business that’s shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008 (as Montello, we rebranded in 2013), our investors have invested in over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We’ve built a highly scalable business model and have secured £39 million equity investment to date from the likes of Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström.
LendInvest is the world’s largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, as well as one of the UK’s most exciting FinTech companies. In the last few months we’ve been named in the Sunday Times’ Disrupt 10, a list of the ten most disruptive businesses in the UK, and we debuted at #37 in the 2017 Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
Your new role will sit within the Finance Operations function, where you will play a key role in the processing and execution of operational finance payments. The main purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery of efficient and effective financial processing in a proactive, flexible and resilient manner. You will be responsible for overseeing the process in relation to payments processing including settlements, confirmations, reconciliations and investigations.
What’s the team like
Finance Operations sits at the heart of the LendInvest business, dealing with both loan originators and funding providers. It provides information, analysis, planning and support on cash flow, risk management and performance reporting for the various funding mechanisms in place. As a newly established function it is growing quickly and delivering real value to the wider business. Processes are evolving and technology is being sourced and implemented to drive operational efficiencies.
What you’ll be doing
- Daily bank reconciliations across c.25 bank accounts and investigations in any reconciling differences
- Maintenance of the system control accounts and resolution of any unknown items
- Review of system to system reconciliations and resolution of any breaks
- Ensure operational risks are properly managed and mitigated
- Create written procedures for all processes
- Working closely and developing strong relationships with the business (Finance, Treasury, IT and Capital Markets) to ensure the smooth running of cash movements and documentation
- Working closely with the project management team in relation to UAT and system enhancements including interfaces with Finance systems
- Ensuring adherence with company policies, regulatory requirements, including the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud
- Ad hoc support to the rest of the finance operations team as required
- Support to the wider financial reporting team to ensure month end timetable of 5 days can be adhered to
What we’d need you to have
- Previous treasury / finance operations experience
- Strong reconciliation and investigation experience
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, range of formulae including vlookup, sumifs and IF)
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications skills with a desire to deliver 1st class service internally and externally.
What we’d like you to have
- Part/newly qualified accountant or AAT qualified
- Exposure to financing transaction documentation
- Experience working on projects including system implementation and UAT
What you get in return
- Make a measurable difference. We’re here to change the way the world deals with property by making it accessible for all
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Vitality - Private Healthcare
- Season Ticket Loan
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job and a great team all working towards a common goal.