Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
Due to growth in the team, we are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant. You’ll help deliver quality financial reporting and drive continuous improvement across the financial accounting team. You will have a thorough understanding of the Xero business environment and be an expert in process improvement and getting the best use out of financial systems. Acting as a leader within the Financial Accounting Team, you’ll be a trusted advisor to the Finance team, and the business in general.
This role will be based in Auckland or Wellington
What you’ll do:
• Support the team to develop Xero’s financial reporting (particularly Management and Board reporting) to respond to changes to the Group and the environment in which it operates
• Be a key part of the team during the month end and half year/annual reporting cycles, including contributing to the integrated reporting process
• Take initiative, drive change and improvements across the team and wider functions - particularly leveraging finance systems
• Supervise, support and mentor other members of the financial control team
• Review junior accountants’ work
• Have an excellent understanding of finance systems, including Netsuite, Blackline and Xero
• Have a strong understanding of Xero’s SaaS metrics, including providing management with conclusions, suggesting solutions and identifying risks
• Review and understand the wider functions/P&L, and analyse financial results and identify trends and anomalies, with reasoning behind this
• Ownership of specific non-BAU projects and delivery in accordance with specified deadlines
What you’ll bring:
• Minimum 5 - 6 years’ relevant experience in either a large corporate or Big 4 CA environment
• CA qualified or equivalent
• Background in financial accounting and reporting
• History of process improvement
• Specific experience with software companies desirable but not essential
• Experience with sustainability accounting and reporting desired but not essential
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.