Founded in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, vintage, and exclusive products from furniture and rugs to bedding and tableware. One Kings Lane provides decorating inspiration and insight on our Style Guide blog and one-on-one, in-person advice from expert designers at The Studio at One Kings Lane, with a showroom in New York.
This position will assist with the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting, including variance analysis, targeting, forecasting and budgeting. The Senior Financial Analyst will focus on and partner with the operating departments of the company (shipping and fulfillment, customer service, creative, G&A, marketing and business development), providing financial insights that will directly impact business decisions.
Skills & Requirements
- Analyze and communicate current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of sales, cost of sales, expenses, capital expenditures, working capital and cash flow, using operational metrics to explain and validate financial results
- Consolidate data from disparate systems and generate timely and insightful reports and dashboards, with an emphasis on data accuracy and relevancy
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Desire to be hands-on and detail-oriented: gather and manipulate data, validate data
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment with changing priorities
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with e-commerce/retail companies is a plus
- Ability to travel to offices in NJ periodically