Job Title: Senior Firmware and Systems Engineer
Job Duties: Trackonomy Systems, Inc. is a technology and solutions company with a breakthrough platform focused on enabling end-to-end visibility and control across a fragmented global supply chain. Trackonomy Systems, Inc. in San Jose, CA is seeking a Senior Firmware and Systems Engineer to lead the design and architecture of the company’s current and future product line.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
- Lead the design and architecture of the product line, which includes hardware, firmware, and mechanical design of the product.
- Work with ARM Cortex M0, M3, and M4 microcontrollers to develop proprietary product line of ultra-low power IoT devices.
- Work with Linux SOCs such as NXP i.MX and raspberry Pis to design Linux gateways.
- Design the firmware in C and C++ for the product line and analyze the code.
- Integrate sensors and peripherals using communication protocols like I2C, SPI, UART and USB.
- Integrate wireless radios such as BLE, LoRa, NFC and NB-IOT modems to the product.
- Design and develop PCBs using Eagle CAD software for drafting schematics and designing PCB layouts.
- Work and guide the QA team to write and analyze the firmware and hardware testbench.
- Architect and design ultra-low power supply system based on SEPIC and linear converter.
- Write automation scripts in python to develop firmware testbenches.
- Use GIT based version control system and bug tracking tool.
- Help the team bring up the PCBA from prototype level to production level.
- Work with radio/antenna engineers to design and integrate low power radio modules into the product based on customer requirements.
- Help and guide the PCB design team to design PCBs based on customer requirements.
- Coordinate with software and cloud engineers to integrate products in the proprietary IoT ecosystem.
- Guide NPI team to build testbenches and convert prototypes into production level products.
- Interact with the customer for specific requirements and error correction of the product.
- Work and guide the NPI team to write development and testbench documents.
This position will have project management responsibilities but will not hold any personnel management authority
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Systems, or any related Engineering or IT field of study, plus at least one (1) year of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified candidates must also have demonstrable knowledge, experience, skill, and proficiency with the following:
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience using communication protocols including at least one of the following: I2C, SPI, UART and USB
- Experience with ARM Cortex M0, M3 and M4 microcontrollers
- Eagle CAD software
- Experience with Linux SOCs, including NXP i.MX and raspberry Pis
No travel. WFH available.
- Job Site: 214 Devcon Drive, San Jose, CA 95112
- No calls or emails.
- Salary: $141,378.00
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
When you apply to a job on this site, you acknowledge and agree that the personal data contained in your application will be collected and processed by Trackonomy Systems, Inc. and/or one of its subsidiaries (“Trackonomy”) in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.