Accelo is looking for a passionate and driven senior front end developer to join our growing team of experienced and innovative engineers building our SaaS platform. We constantly strive for a culture of quality and keep up with current tools and techniques. You'll play a key role in maintaining and improving the Accelo product!
Who we are
Founded in Wollongong, Accelo is a venture-backed vertical SaaS company whose mission is to help service businesses succeed. With around 100 staff across three offices in Wollongong, Denver and San Francisco, our Wollongong team is our largest, and is home to all of our product design, development, QA, security and systems team members.
Our teams are self-organising and highly autonomous. We adhere to Agile principles and collaborate closely with the product and design teams. This approach requires a huge amount of teamwork, and we believe it’s the best way to create great software.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in software development in a team context, including code reviews, CI/CD & QA.
- Passion for building things that thousands of real people benefit from every day
- An enthusiastic, self motivated and creative mindset that thrives on solving problems and creating something awesome with code
- Someone who cares about code quality and makes use of Test Driven Development where appropriate
- Someone who has great CSS knowledge and strives to keep it maintainable
- Someone who cares about the finer details in the UI
- Someone who is passionate about good software design
- Experience building sustainable architecture and optimising performance
- An understanding of the importance of how tech and product are tightly coupled, and the ability to provide input on both
- A track record of contributing to organisational success through evaluating and selecting frontend technologies and by creating and enforcing standards for their use
- Drive to continuously learn and improve, and a passion for mentoring other developers
- The ability to speak eloquently on a range of topics based on experience, reading and experimentation
- Experience interfacing with complex back-end systems and scalable architectures
- Experience in React
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or an Engineering discipline (though relevant experience without a degree will be valued highly)
Please note: This role is not open to recent graduates.
What we're offering
- Competitive salary
- Centrally located office with great access via public transport, amazing view and fun office culture
- Flexible working hours and conditions (beanbags, lounges & stand-up desks!)
- Many office perks, including self serve espresso and drip coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, catered Friday lunches, and a few office dogs who love to drop in for regular visits
- We regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participants and as contributors
- We’re a big part of the “Siligong” community and proud of it
- We spend time in the office learning together. There is a weekly book club and we encourage regular collaboration and sharing between developers.
- Like to take a peek into our office? This short video will give you a bit of glimpse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EzIpnfvTU&feature=emb_logo
How to apply
Fill out the linked application and tell us about yourself. Include your resume and any sample work you may be personally proud of (we'd love to see full-fledged or pet projects). Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered, so make sure you include one to tell us about yourself and why you're interested in working at Accelo!