giaola is an electronic directory and a marketplace where, under one roof, users can find, book or order a wide range of services from professionals or businesses. On its 5th year of existence, giaola has got the job done thousands of times already. Its fresh approach to the age-old problem of knowing where to find professional help when needed is receiving acclaim: The Company won the national Get in the Ring award and has received funding from the National Bank of Greece and other investors.
Empowered by this support, giaola has partnered with OTE to replicate its successful business model on 11888 and become its web/mobile operator, digital and technology provider for the 11888 giaola electronic mall of services.
During this exciting time, we are looking for a senior Front-End Engineer to join our Technical Team in Athens. We utilize best in-class technologies ( Webpack 4, VueJS, ES6+, CSS3, SCSS & StorybookJS ) and managerial practices (Scrum methodology). The ideal candidate should be passionate about software development, excited about new technologies and able to demonstrate:
- A “can do” attitude
- High level of discipline and strong sense of responsibility when it comes to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Prior experience launching a new product for a startup
- Last but not least: Enjoy the work – we are all in this because we believe that we can change the world to the better – even just a tiny little bit.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 4 years previous working experience in web development
- Experience with CSS methodologies ( BEM, SMACSS )
- Experience with component-based design
- Strong understanding of web architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Basic Linux skills including scripting (bash, sed, awk)
- Familiarization with Responsive and Adaptive design via Flexbox / CSS Grid
- Broad knowledge of and experience with third party web libraries
We offer an unadulterated start-up experience, together with:
- A competitive salary package
- An energetic, supportive and intellectually stimulating environment
- A modern and exciting workplace
- A top software development team to work with
- Career and competencies development opportunities