Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
The WorldRemit Office in Kraków is currently growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic Front-End Developer to join our Engineering Team to work on creating the UI for our interesting projects.
We are constantly adding new features to our existing applications and creating brand new applications as well. For example, for our customer service team, we build an application that will replace our legacy system that allows our customer services to manage transactions. It will involve developing a highly usable UI with React and node which will consume our internal REST API in order to search and display transaction information.
You will be part of a feature team and work closely with our internal UX/design team to translate their designs into reality. You will also be working very closely with backend engineers, from your and other teams, who are developing the APIs and services that pull the information to be used in the applications.
Who we’re searching for...
As a Front-End Engineer you will:
- Constantly evolve techniques through learning
- Take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement
- Ask questions and use experience of those around you
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Take care of the proper test coverage
- Write maintainable and performant code efficiency
- Take care of application security
- Mentor less-experienced developers
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas
- Optimize application for maximum speed
- Ensuring browser and platform compatibility
You will have:
- Strong experience with React/Redux
- Expertise with styling and responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of server-side rendering
- Experience with JS testing
- Proficient understanding of REST API’s
- Experience with versioning systems such as Git
- Understanding of functional programming principles
- A sense of ownership over the product
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery and tools (Jenkins / Docker / Teamcity)
- Base knowledge of Node js
(If you do not possess experience of these technologies within a commercial environment, it’s essential that you will have trialled and played around with these in your own time i.e. personal projects, Github).
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with static sites generators (Gatsby / Next.js)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with build tools (Webpack / Rollup)
- Experience with task runners (Gulp)
- Experience with css-in-js and css modules
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance and scalability as key focus
- Understanding of Agile and TDD practices
- Proficient with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis, MongoDB
- Experience of running code katas and improvement sessions for the team
- Have Open Source projects or other public code contributions that showcase your talent
Have you got what it takes?
- Ability to break and built.
- A passion for understanding systems holistically and how systems work together.
- Willingness to compromise when it's necessary and hold firm when it's essential.
- A strong desire to build robust things (But also to break them!).
- Excellent communication skills.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers