The Cloud Applications team at Guidewire is searching for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The product development team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a phenomenal team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
As part of the Guidewire team, you will be working on some of the latest technologies in front-end development. We are focused on building the best solutions that allow our product vision, architectures, and ideas to constantly improve. We also always striving to optimize the processes that support our development. The successful candidate for this role will have an impact on the entire technology stack and will focus on building sophisticated web application interfaces geared for excellent usability and performance.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Enjoy working collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in developing responsive applications with good architecture and UX.
- Strong experience in contributing to architecture, design, and implementation of products
- Expert at writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building E2E automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Expert in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Clear written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
- An aptitude for continuous learning and exploration of new technologies.
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee culture…
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.