We are looking for an outstanding Lead Frontend Developer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for *people*.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Our Go Team:
The Tradeshift Go team is a small group of ambitious engineers, designers, and product managers building a better way for companies and employees to do business together. We are starting with making it as easy as possible for companies and their suppliers to transact with one another, a goal partly made possible through our relationships with major banks and credit card networks, and partly through the incredible talent on our team. We move fast, but always strive towards shipping a flawless experience. Our products are fit for a consumer, but powerful enough for enterprise. If you want to work on a new product offering that has the potential to greatly accelerate the growth of the world’s GDP, this team is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Lead a team in taking a product from concept to release, and assume responsibility for the success of the product and the growth of your team
- Write high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorm technical architecture options on a whiteboard with your team
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Must have at least 4+ years of experience
- Experience with modern web frameworks like Angular and React
- Understand the tradeoffs between shipping code soon and finding a perfect solution
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Able to evaluate the long-term value and quality of new trends and technologies
- Communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Track record of building side projects or open source software in your own time
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
• Ambitious international startup
• Career and professional development opportunities
• Flexible hours and vacation policy
• Supplemented cell phone plan
• Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
• Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave
• A competitive compensation package + equity
• 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
• Life, short and long-term disability insurance
• Wellness and Volunteer Programs
• Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more