Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
As part of the HMDS team, you’ll be a key contributor to Hivemind Design Software, an innovative cloud-based software solution that empowers the creation of artificially intelligent products and solutions.
What you'll do
- Contribute to a platform (HMDS) that will revolutionize the way that AI and ML solutions are created.
- Work closely with our AI engineers to hyper-optimize their development, increase product quality, and reduce cycle times.
- Assist in building out a cloud-based micro-service platform that is foundational for supporting core development and integration capabilities.
- Employ bleeding-edge technologies and modern development paradigms such as Go, gRPC, and micro-services.
- Collaborate with your team in driving technical solutions to complex software and business problems.
- Work with teams of supremely talented software engineers who care deeply about the solutions they create.
- Leverage your skills across both front-end and back-end tiers of various applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
The people we're looking for have the following required qualifications
- 3-5 years experience developing large, production quality software systems.
- Excellent grasp of software development and coding principles with high productivity in a mainstream language (e.g. C++, Java, C#, Python, etc.).
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar RDS.
- Experience with Git and code management tools.
- Passionate about developing high-quality and optimized software solutions.
- Good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking.
- Strong technical collaboration skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Excited by a fast-moving environment with a highly motivated group.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.