In this role you design, architect, model, simulate, calibrate and verify automotive control functions such as cruise control, thermal control, torque control and traction control for the NextEV powertrain. You will work close together with vehicle dynamic teams, embedded firmware development teams, hardware development teams and mechanical design teams to set up requirements and performance targets.
· Understand the product, plan and requirements
· Develop algorithms and control models to meet system requirements you’ve developed
· Identify system improvements and mitigate risks
· Develop exceptional, engaging and connected systems
· Design reliable, scalable, and quality functionality
· Maintain and evolve documentation and processes
· Take ownership of the quality, functionality and behavior of what you deliver
· Work with program management to define what you'll need to deliver and when
· Travel to meet with remote teams, partners and attend media events
· Work closely with the executive staff to align expectations and provide status
· Train, mentor and coach more junior developers on the team
· Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
· 4+ years of function development experience with Matlab or similar tools
· Profound knowledge of control theory
· Knowledge of DFMEA and functional safety proficiency a big plus
· Service oriented attitude, with strong problem-solving, analytical, and conceptual skills
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Function Developer job post.