Miniclip is looking for a Senior Game Designer to hire in our Lisbon (Portugal) Games Development Studio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your free-to-play design career in mobile: help bring new titles to market, and work on highly successful live games at a leading mobile studio that’s just 10 minutes from the beach!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and craft gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Create and craft game content to delight players, and devise & balance meta-game economies to maximise game performance.
- Write, review and give feedback on game/feature design documents, builds, and plans.
- Participate as a key member of the product team across the product life-cycle, working on games in production, and live titles, proposing high-impact updates to our existing portfolio of games.
- Help identify and deconstruct new markets and opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the company and staying in the cutting edge of the mobile gaming industry.
- Support the team with subject-matter expertise on mobile & social game design.
- Assist with reviewing, scheduling & prioritising design team workload.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team, and is passionate about games, and mobile free-to-play. The ideal candidate will be articulate, proactive & energetic, with the following attributes:
- Significant experience designing multiple successful free-to-play published titles, preferably on mobile.
- Experience across the product life-cycle, from prototyping, through production, to updating a live free-to-play game.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile & social game space, with exceptional understanding of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Highly numerate, with a solid mathematical background, and experience designing virtual currencies and managing in-game economies.
- Understanding of and experience with reviewing game analytics, developing insights based on data to make better informed design decisions.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Creative problem solver, with proven ability to create compelling gameplay.
- Relentlessly self-critical: always sees the pros and cons of each approach, and works tirelessly to improve design solutions. Prolific with high quality, well-thought-through proposals.
- Mature judgment, able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Experience & ability to work with multinational teams, with a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Drive, initiative and ability to self-manage effectively.
- Highly organised, with a track-record of guiding & advising others, and prioritising appropriately to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Great collaborator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter in English.
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan studio in Lisbon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with regular team building and social events. We understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun and that’s why there is a games area and fridge with complimentary drinks and fruit for all staff.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 150 million monthly active users, across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 45 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognized brand name.
Leading franchises include 8 Ball Pool™, Soccer Stars™ and Agar.io™. In 2015, Agar.io
was the #1 trending game on Google, and the third highest-trending search term overall.