Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The mission of the Airbnb Global Safety & Security (GSS) team is to foster a safe, secure, and healthy workplace to enable our employee community to focus on creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. The Senior Global Safety & Security Operations and Strategic Policy Manager will shape the strategic initiatives for GSS around process and innovation that is inclusive of emerging trends and encompasses the risk landscape to keep our employees and our operations safe while contributing to and protecting our company culture by driving organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Senior Global Safety & Security Operations and Strategic Policy Manager will develop a strategic comprehensive global physical security operations and training program that aligns with our organizational and operational risk profile and mentor the Regional Safety & Security Managers within the global team. This position reports directly to the Director, Global Safety and Security and serves as a leadership partner tasked with supporting decision-making about operations and strategic priorities related to the company goals and business security objectives. The successful candidate is a strategic problem solver and valued collaborator with a creative growth mentality who can work successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee strategic planning and operational ownership of a comprehensive global physical security program designed to strengthen the safety and security of our facilities and workforce, evolving to align with future flexible ways of working.
- Defining and adapting operational initiatives and priorities that improve the effectiveness of policies, standards, and processes across all teams within the GSS, to include Global Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), Global Security Intelligence Center (GSIC), Global Risk Assessment and Threat Investigations, Executive Protection, and Global Security Travel and Special Events.
- Manages the Global Operations team and provides direction for growth, innovation and elevation to ensure the successful delivery of GSS strategic initiatives for our Airbnb community and stakeholders.
- Cultivate collaborative partnerships with cross functional teams across Airbnb, to include Workplace Operations, Trust (e.g., Global Crisis Management, Community Support, Law Enforcement Response Team), Global Real Estate & Business Travel, Legal, Talent, Corporate Risk, and BizTech, among others, to strengthen functional operations and supportive engagement.
- Ownership and cross-functional implementation of the company’s Workplace Violence Prevention Program, Active Shooter Program, Continuity of Operations Program and other program initiatives for the Global Safety & Security Team.
- Serve as the global security operations project manager for real estate buildouts and office redesigns to account for future flexible ways of working.
- Develop Return on Security Investment (ROSI) metrics by measuring risk exposure to risk mitigation ratio through quarterly business reviews, analysis of metrics and reporting on KPIs to manage progress against goal and to evaluate global security operations program effectiveness. Advises organizational leaders on performance improvements and leads improvement initiatives. Uses the data to drive improvement plans and track progress against the strategy/goals.
- Develop and deliver appropriate employee engagement and training materia, which align to our corporate culture and meet compliance requirements to increase awareness of Airbnb’s security programs.
- Evolve and maintain operating, staffing and vendor management standards in alignment with Airbnb’s risk profile.
- Responsible for the overall Global Security Operations budget, from planning to forecasting and delivery, in partnership with Workplace and Corporate Finance.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in leading physical security operations management, budget management, financial and operational modeling at the enterprise level. Experience leading a global team in a corporate environment (ideally technology companies) is strongly preferred with familiarity with:
- Risk Intelligence and Threat Monitoring
- Event Security
- Executive Protection
- Travel Security
- Security Systems Technology
- Project Management
- 10+ years of experience driving and implementing policy and program management that drive innovation, change management and process redesign with a focus on enterprise programs that provide exceptional customer experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence across the spectrum of internal and external business stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, to include providing actionable feedback to influence decision-making without direct managerial authority.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, able to express complex issues using clear language that is tailored to the intended audience. Ability to think strategically and translate to an operational level
- Experience working on policies that have a global impact by utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to support recommendations
- Experience in process redesign, project/program management and/or security management consulting
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with subject matter experts on cross-functional teams, balancing disparate priorities, and rapid problem solving in high-stress situations.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10 - 20% of the time when it is safe to do so
- Experienced manager passionate about building culture and establishing processes to empower a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated commitment to Airbnb’s core values.
- ASIS CPP and/or PSP certification preferred.