LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment.
The Satalia Workforce product operates in the Retail and Professional Services sectors. We’re an agile team of 18+ people that specialises in software engineering, data science and optimisation, distributed between England, Lithuania, Austria and China.
Satalia Workforce uses deep learning to predict demand and algorithms allocate the optimal number of employees to that demand whilst considering 30+ business rules (including: skills, employee preferences, company policy, regulation, profitability, travel and diversity).
You will be joining a team of developers working on the Workforce Engine. A platform, which uses Kubernetes to run optimisation and machine learning algorithms at scale. Your key responsibilities will be leading the development of the platform, and managing the infrastructure on which it runs.
Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, gRPC, MySQL
- Design and develop production-grade software
- Lead architecture workshops and decisions
- Lead the product’s technical vision and long-term plan, collaborating with product owners
- Take Ownership of code design and quality, ensuring the highest standards are met
- Managing software infrastructure
- Promote technical and ways of working best practice
- Effectively communicate internally on requirements, designs, problems and solutions
- Teaching and mentoring less experienced engineers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experience designing and developing microservice systems
- Strong understanding of generic software architecture
- Experience developing production software
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Willing to work as a team player
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.