We are Mous (pronounced like mouse, not like moose!) We were founded on the idea that tech accessories can and should do more for their users, enhancing the experience that our customers have with the tools they use every day. We design and produce best-in-class product solutions with stories worth talking about, by gaining a deep understanding of how people use their tech and by not being afraid to do things differently.
Fundamentally, we make sure our products are noticeably different so we can demonstrate the benefits to the customer through our unique story-telling. This provides our customers with reasons to believe in Mous which are reinforced once the product performs as promised - building a trusted global community.
Content creation is at the heart of everything we do. We take our customers on a journey from the moment they first hear about us to the moment they receive their product in the post. Our Brand and Creative team are constantly working on innovative, unique ways to let our customers know what our products do in the most compelling, immediate way possible. Every aspect of our brand and visual identity is carefully considered and designed to tell a story. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an outstanding Senior Graphic Designer who can grow our brand identity holistically, with a focus on creating show-stopping product packaging.
We need you to hit the ground running, picking up our core brand with ease so you can think about our proposition in terms of design and messaging. We know that you’re eager to learn about building a brand from the ground up, and you’ll have the opportunity to get stuck in and help this young business develop its established visual identity.
You’ll be working alongside our growing in-house team of Graphic Designers, Videographers and Art Directors to evolve, shape and mould our brand perception and proposition. Your design work will reach a global audience - shipping directly to an army of dedicated customers worldwide - and ultimately, you’ll represent the brand Mous brand in every element of the work you create for us, giving you exposure to digital, packaging and print design.
In this role, you will report to our Co-Founder and Chief Brand Officer, Lucy Hutchinson
Here’s what you’ll do in your first three months with us:
- Getting stuck into the Brand and Creative team, executing our plan for the iPhone 12 launch - one of the busiest moments of our calendar year. You’ll be focusing on digital asset creation for our website, landing pages, social media and email campaigns, creating images, GIFs, typography and banners. You’ll have a perfect opportunity to really see how the business works.
- Designing the packaging artwork for some of our new products. You’ll be working to an impeccably high standard, delivering work on time to meet our print schedules.
- Coming up with ideas for the branding of our new products. You’ll be thinking about how we visualise our new products and how we educate our audience about the technology and materials that go into our products, using graphics, renders and photography.
- Building and maintaining processes to improve communication between Product, Marketing, Customer Experience and Brand and Creative teams. You’ll be a lynch-pin holding several elements of the business together.
- Managing packaging needs with the wider departments to ensure the most valuable work is being prioritised.
- Briefing our in-house Copywriter for packaging content needs. You’ll ensure that brand reviews are planned cross-departmentally.
- Planning for packaging meetings and leading on updates from the brand side. You’ll also be able to use your excellent communication skills to report in weekly departmental meetings on progress and priorities.
- Using your first-class organisational skills to maintain our CMS (we use DropBox). You’ll ensure that our brand assets are kept up to date and accessible to the wider business.
Sounds good? This is what you’ll be working on in six months to a year:
- Constantly creating high-quality, compelling visual assets for our packaging and brand identity. You’ll be responsible for designing some of our most high-profile content.
- Completing a thorough deep dive into our brand strategy and identity. By this point, you’ll be getting a solid understanding of our customer, brand tone of voice, our current assets and design systems.
- Supporting the rest of our Brand and Creative team while we execute our plans for the launch of new products.
- Managing both packaging and branding projects with confidence, from a design and communication perspective. You’ll take time to understand the operational side of packing, which will empower you to be more strategic in your decisions around hardware and design.
- Taking a proactive, enthusiastic approach to learning about our brand, our customers, our product development process, and our industry at large.
It’s a super exciting time to join the Mous family, and we’re looking for the very best to come aboard our team. Here’s what we need from you:
- A 2:1 degree in a design-focused discipline (ideally Graphic Design),
- Three years of experience working holistically across a brand, ideally with a focus on brand design and packaging,
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite,
- A real creative mind and the ability to think inventively and innovatively,
- A deep understanding of the packaging and print process, with the ability to design and construct nets and artwork for print,
- Solid knowledge of digital formats across various screen sizes and devices, as well as a working knowledge of setting up files for print and web use,
- A real passion for product and technology,
- And at the core of it, an appreciation for the fundamentals of brand and its importance within design.
Like all responsible companies, we’re currently working from home, but we’ve developed an air-tight remote working and communication system so you’ll be supported through your induction period and well into your working life at Mous. When the world opens back up again, we’ll be based at WeWork in London Fields. As part of the perks of a WeWork location, you’ll have access to regular on-site activities including yoga, breathwork and cookery classes. This will give you the opportunity to excel in a relaxing yet sociable environment.
In addition to our positive, supportive workplace you can expect the following benefits when working at Mous:
• A competitive starting salary with 6-month compensation reviews
• A steep learning curve with the chance to make a tangible impact within a growing business
• Outgoing and sociable team with monthly company socials
• Charlie HR perks package including discounts on hundreds of high street brands and services
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bi-weekly fresh fruit delivery from Oddbox
• 30% discount for F&F on all Mous products
• Huge opportunities for career progression in a high-growth start-up. Dream big, work hard and make things happen!
A little bit more about us
Mous was founded in 2014 by a group of twenty-somethings with experience across design, engineering and product. Their mission was to engineer tech accessories trusted to protect and enhance everyday experiences. Following tireless product testing and both an award-winning and record-breaking crowd-funding campaign, Mous brought their first iPhone case to market in 2017, raising a total of $2.5 million in pre-orders. Their commitment to quality materials, design and innovation has seen the company grow from a team of five to a team of over 60 in their four years of operation, covering concept to design and manufacture; from content creation to getting behind and in front of the camera (sometimes even chartering cherry pickers, cranes and helicopters to test product resilience).
With offices in London and China, Mous has now sold over 1 million products around the world to-date, across a broad range of tech accessories, proving that you can enter a crowded market and excel if you put quality of design, authentic innovation and customer experience at the heart of what you do.
Mous has expanded their product range, launching their slimmest and most ergonomic case yet, Contour; and their innovative clear case, Clarity. Going from strength-to-strength, Sunday Times Fast Track 100 named Mous One to Watch, and Sir Richard Branson dubbed them a ‘great, young brand.’ They have amassed over 61 million YouTube views, and have 180k+ followers on Instagram.
Mous are a progressive and innovative brand, for people who want tech accessories with a considered and practical design. Co-Founders James Griffith, Lucy Hutchinson and James Day are based in London; Will Mullen is based in China. Not one of them has a broken phone screen.
Mous is an equal opportunity employer, and as a brand, we value authenticity and integrity. We strive to be different and know that if we are to create the most innovative products and deliver the best customer experience, we need to build a diverse team of individuals who can bring a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives to the table. No matter your ethnicity, religion, ability, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, at Mous, your uniqueness is celebrated.