Design beautiful marketing materials and work from home 2 days a week?
Yes and yes? Read on!
Who are we
Business software doesn’t need to be dull and boring.
At Archon, designing beautiful software is the core of what we do. We care a lot about the experience, the design craftsmanship and the tiniest details that go into what we make.
We are a rapidly growing (and profitable!) startup making software to help small businesses manage their inventory. Our flagship product, inFlow Inventory, has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list for 3 years in a row.
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, per the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor
We’ve got an amazing group of skilled and friendly people here, and we’re looking for more world-class talent to join us!
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2–3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office the other days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month with great cuisine
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Health and dental benefits
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 25th member of our tight-knit team
Be in charge of our brand!
As our main graphic & web designer, you’ll have a big impact on establishing the tone, aesthetics and personality of our product. You will be responsible for the design of all marketing materials such as websites, ads, videos, packaging, and so on. You will also participate in conducting user/competitive research, analyzing user journey and brainstorming on how we can best communicate the value of our product. You will work closely with our content writer and developers to ensure the successful implementation of the design.
What you’d do
- Shape the brand identity of our company and software products.
- Design individual webpages, ads, newsletters, etc. to support our marketing efforts.
- Maintain a visual design system to maintain a coherent look and feel across our marketing materials and products.
- Verify design assumptions through testing.
- Support other members graphics or visual needs.
- Drive user engagement through smart and appealing emotional design.
- Become the gatekeeper on “what looks good and works well”.
What we need from you
- Experienced. 5+ years working experience in design.
- Solid design sense. Skilled in graphic design fundamentals such as colour, typography, spacing, alignment, etc.
- Good with tools. Proficiency with pixel-based and vector-based design software.
- Audience focused. You have a deep appreciation of understanding the target audiences beyond just “looking good.
- Analytical. You are able to weigh the pros and cons of different designs, backed by research and testing.
- Creative. You should be the most creative person in the company.
- An awesome portfolio showcasing your previous designs and processes.
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with Adobe CS, Zeplin, Miro
- Cross-platform (web, mobile, print) design experience
- Knowledge of web standards, semantics and accessibility
- Some HTML/CSS
- User research and testing
Other stuff we’d be happy to hear about
- Awards and contests
- Experience with business systems (accounting, inventory, CRM, etc.)
- Close experience with small-to-midsize businesses
- Experience in agency or start-up environments