Who we are?
We hire those that seek to innovate across people, process and technology. Join our global workforce, visualise the future and strive for success. Our engineering campus and corporate offices in the UK and US are optimal environments for ideas and innovation to flourish.
ALL.SPACE, formerly Isotropic Systems, has developed the 5th generation smart terminal, capable of linking with all satellites, all networks, in all orbits, all at once. Our ground-breaking software-defined service enablement platform integrates intelligent routing, edge computing and on-demand services to deliver unprecedented network resilience and application performance. Whether you're on land, sea or air, we ensure that you stay connected.
Visit www.all.space to learn more.
ALL.SPACE is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to support the team in the design and implementation of the hardware subsystems of its mobile and fixed tracking antenna terminals. The position reports to the VP of Hardware. This role will be instrumental in developing the hardware systems of the satellite antenna terminal, which is capable of multi beam satellite links, identification, acquisition, and tracking of using electronically steered antenna (ESA) technology and hybrid electro-mechanically steered antenna terminals in mobile or fixed platform environments, including aeronautical, maritime, and land applications.
The role will focus on the PCB hardware design of the terminal. The candidate should have a good understanding of design for manufacturability and cost-effective designs for a wide range of applications from high end aeronautical to low-cost consumer devices.
Due to the innovative nature of our technology, all engineers are expected to bring a high degree of creativity and problem-solving capability to search outside the box for new solutions to questions in the design, control, and operation of a cost-effective Satcom terminal.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design of several complex hardware designs and be able to manage conflicting and dynamic priorities
- Architect and design the hardware aspects of the terminal, ensuring performance, quality and cost targets are achieved
- Prepare and present design and analysis summary material during internal and external design reviews
- Bring up, verification and test of the hardware design in our lab, with a good understanding of lab safety requirements and processes
- Thorough experience of lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Capable PCB rework skills
- Report on the daily activities that ensure the delivery of designs and products on time and on budget
- Support the certification of products under electrical and operational standards
- Contribute towards Company design procedures and corporate policies
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of analysis, design, and performance
- Mentor of junior HW engineers
- Other tasks, as assigned from time to time
- BEng, MEng, or Ph.D. in Electronics, Telecommunications or related Engineering discipline, or relevant equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in the field of electronics with involvement in hardware design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Product life cycle & product development experience
- Complex Schematic and PCB design experience (familiarity with Altium highly desirable) including the design of PCBs with complex RF stack ups
- Thorough understanding of the challenges of good power supply design, including hands-on experience of power management circuits and switching regulators
- Design for CE, FCC compliance, identifying applicable directives, defining test process and criteria, and producing/collating material for Technical Construction Files. Experience working with external test facilities/resources
- Strong analytical skills - Experienced in writing analysis reports and summaries
- Strong experience with design verification and validation processes
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and able to communicate with other disciplines such as Systems, Software, RF and Mechanical engineers
- Experience with embedded systems hardware (ARM & Xilinx FPGA/SoC experience desirable)
- High speed digital design – experience with high-speed bus design such as DDR, PCIe, PS-GTR etc.
- Experience in advanced interconnect technologies and leverage this to reduce the cost and complexity of the PCB
- Must have substantial problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency with industry standard scientific and engineering computing toolkits, languages, and packages
- Technically proficient in MS Office products
- Generous stock options
- Annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Public holidays
- Travel to work schemes
- Fruit, snacks & drinks
- Discounts platform
- Well-being centre
ALL.SPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying disability, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We base all hiring decisions on candidate qualifications and business needs.