At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
Now we're looking Senior HMI Designer for In Vehicle App Team.
- Provide expert analysis of services, communication channels, and user interfaces that contribute to vehicle drivers' experience; bringing competitive, global, and industry experience to bear to identify areas for the development of our product and user interface design.
- Design customer journey maps, user stories, and usage scenarios for products and services to discover and define user tasks, pains, and gains.
- Liaise with the product manager and clients to determine their requirements, managing client proposals from briefing to design and production.
- Develop concepts, rough drafts, graphics, and layouts for HMI and adjacent user interfaces.
- Design HMI user interfaces at wireframe and graphic design level, creating interactive prototypes in collaboration with product managers and the development team.
- Design specific content and micrographics for the HMI and collaborate with the editor and the project team to achieve the target state.
- Review and adjust designs based on the outcome of UX research and usability tests.
- Contribute to the creation and iterative development of a design system for digital interaction with our users.
- You will need relevant experience and a portfolio of work, preferably in the field of HMI. This could be from full-time roles, or work completed during an internship or in your spare time. We also require a good knowledge of design software, such as Figma, InVision, InDesign, or Illustrator, as well as photo-editing software such as Photoshop.
- Excellent knowledge of UX methodology and practical UX design skills.
- Excellent user interface design and prototyping skills.
- Experience in automotive/industrial user interface design, development, and management.
- Thorough knowledge of international vehicle HMI standards and the ability to implement them.
- Ability to see a design idea through from concept to development, working hand in hand with product managers and product teams.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluent or native English.
- Advanced communication and teamwork skills.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.