Love being a strategic thought partner to leaders and supporting them in developing teams to achieve (and exceed) their goals? We’re seeking a thoughtful leader to build and help lead Gusto’s HRBP team! As one of the founding members of the HRBP team, this individual will set the vision and strategy for HRBP at Gusto, as well as directly partner with our co-founders and staff leadership.
The People team at Gusto focuses on developing a positive employee experience that empowers people to do the best work of their lives. We aspire to craft an environment that inspires and enables Gusto to go beyond what is thought possible. We think holistically and are encouraged by a supportive leadership team. You’ll be a true leader in the organization with a high level of responsibility. In this role, you will play a critical role in helping us build a diverse and inclusive team which is key to our growth and success as a company.
The position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be a strategic, data-informed partner
- With leaders, advise on / co-create People strategies that anticipate upcoming and longer-term growth and changes that align to business plans and overall visions
Anticipate team development needs and recommend feasible, impactful solutions based on data before they impact the business
- Build trusted relationships throughout the organization
- Analyze our existing data and use those insights to optimize how we invest in programs
- Steward programs, policies, and culture
Help with understanding and refinement of employee policies and practices to enable leadership and team effectiveness. Strive to clarify and interpret them for others.
- Assess and cultivate positive working relationships.
- Facilitate a holistic People experience
- Ensure People programs and best practices are well-communicated and widely adopted.
- Work closely with the rest of the People team and other functions in Gusto to create a consistent and holistic Gustie experience that reflects our culture
- Gather best practices from across the organization with the aim to continuously improve and iterate on programs.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience with 3+ years of HR Business Partner experience partnering with executives and leading teams, preferably in the technology industry
- The mission of Gusto inspires you like nothing has moved you before and you deeply believe in Gusto’s product, trajectory, and culture
- You are known for being a thoughtful, humble individual — you know how to align strong personalities with differing opinions
- You thrive in fast-paced, get-stuff-done environments that complement your ability to prioritize and use data to inform your decisions
- You are a trusted confidante who maintains discretion and is sought out
- You effectively connect data points to assess issues and navigate leaders through organizational changes
- You are a holistic, creative problem solver
- You would enjoy traveling to our Denver office regularly (a couple times per quarter)
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.