Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who are you:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner who will act as a trusted advisor to their designated business groups and support their teams in all facets of Human Resources and associated employee related business decisions. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
The strategic HRBP develops, implements, supports and monitors Human Resources initiatives and ensures alignment with overall Geotab goals, policies and business initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and business strategies. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Accountable for the strategic direction of HR support for designated functional group while ensuring strategic direction aligns with overall organizational strategy.
- Partner with senior leaders within the functional group.
- Ensure cross border consistency with handling of ER issues as legally allowable and report on performance management trends.
- Lead team meetings with other HRBPs within the functional group.
- Follow responsibilities matrix (RACI) - investigations, PIP management, career development, etc.
- Take a consultative and collaborative approach to support and provide HR solutions within their designated business groups.
- Participate, develop and execute HR strategies, goals, objectives and projects in support of Geotab growth, people development and increased engagement and retention.
- Build relationships, advise and coach employees and leadership on HR practices.
- Proactively assess, diagnose and develop solutions to organizational challenges within designated business groups.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, maintain appropriate records of investigations and advise stakeholders in the progression of such cases.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legislative requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks to ensure compliance.
- Develop, implement and administer new HR initiatives.
- Assist with the introduction of new or revised policies and process changes to ensure that teams are appropriately equipped and continuously supported in introducing and managing these changes.
- Work with leadership on process improvements, programs and policies and facilitating changes.
- Act as a strategic partner in the year-end KPA process.
- Collaborate with the HR team and department managers regarding recruitment needs and fulfillment.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations when required; produce findings and recommend courses of action.
- Ensure strict adherence to Geotab policies on Google sharing rights to confidential HR/employee information.
- Provide expert project leadership and guidance to team as HR SME:
- -Provide direction, coaching and mentorship to the team; ensure other HRBPs or HRGs on the team are aligned with the strategy by providing direction and assigning tasks as needed.
- -Support the development of the team by coaching, providing feedback, identifying areas of growth and training opportunities.
- -Collaborate and support employees and leadership during the performance management process, meeting KPAs and career development planning.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years experience as an HR Business Partner.
- Experience with human resources policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of employee relations and employment legislation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading abilities.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions and manage projects through to completion.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected]