We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our fantastic team who believe in our mission: To save our customers time and money for the important things in life!
Our technology focused “RED Teams” are generally made up of the following roles: industrial and process engineers, product managers, software engineers, data scientists, and analysts. Each team is focused on a specific function of the business (e.g. transport, fulfillment, inventory, CRM, purchasing) and faces specific business stakeholders as “internal customers”.
At RedMart we use technology to delight our customers; we innovate to make our customers’ lives better. As an Industrial Engineer on the Fulfillment or Transport RED Team, you will be responsible for designing and continuously improving operational processes, layouts, equipment, and working with software engineers to provide fulfillment center software and hardware products, all to serve our customers better.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The primary areas of responsibility of Senior Industrial Engineer will be to:
- Monitor customer experience, operational and financial fulfillment or transport KPIs, and prioritize and act on opportunities and problems.
- Be proactive, with an open and inquisitive mind to partner with RedMart’s business units (Ops, Commercial, HR, Finance). Develop and manage effective stakeholder relationships with ground operations and third party vendors.
- Understand the end-to-end supply chain process. Measure, model and simulate complex supply chain flows to identify key bottlenecks in the short, medium to long-term and come up with and implement solutions to resolving these bottlenecks.
- Align with the commercial and operations teams on optimum range, stock-holding and throughput plan to scale existing facilities.
- Conduct on-site observations, perform extensive data analysis, and create real-time reports to measure the current operations processes.
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement new scalable processes, equipment and optimization techniques to reduce fulfillment costs, reduce defects and improve customer experience.
- Work with software engineers and product designers to develop fulfillment or transport systems and processes.
- Develop the right communication and training materials to support successful implementation and sustainability of the solutions developed.
- Manage projects through the complete life-cycle and deliver sustainable change.
- Assess the financial impact of solutions and prepare business cases.
- Be creative and work on challenging new stuff every other day!
Attitude & behaviours critical to success
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for logistics and supply chain, continuous improvement and an unrelenting customer focus. In addition to focusing on flawless execution you will have high energy, intellectual curiosity and proven track record of delivering results.
You will have demonstrated:
- Building a great company that customers love is hard work. Many challenges await and we are looking for team members we can count on when things get tough.
- High business Impact. We are results oriented. We value people who focus on the right things and get them done.
- Strategic awareness, financial fluency and a strong understanding of a profit and loss account.
- Great operational, engineering and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and fail forward.
- Clear interest in working closely with RedMart fulfillment or transport personnel to understand core issues and come up with innovative solutions.
- Track record of successfully delivering multi-stakeholder projects that marry technology, people and process.
- Excellent listening ability with clear, concise communication in both written and spoken English
- Willingness to take on new challenges with a flexible, let's-give-it-a-try attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Readiness to work outside normal working hours when required.
Qualifications / Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in operations research, industrial and systems engineering, supply chain logistics, mechanical engineering or related discipline; Master’s degree or higher preferred
- Deep operational, process and industrial engineering expertise in eCommerce or logistics or supply chain consulting. eCommerce fulfilment center experience a plus.
- Superb data-analysis and statistical skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, Minitab) and SQL. Knowledge of at least one programming language - R/Python is prefered. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with engineering design using CAD. (AutoCAD and/or any other 3-dimensional drafting software.)
- Knowledge of simulation tools (e.g. Arena, Simio) is a plus.