Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Our Commercial Technology Architecture team advises Life Sciences customers to devise the right technology strategy and architecture to help their broader commercial business accomplish their strategic goals.
As a Senior Information Architect, you will drive customer engagements around data assets working with our customer’s business and tech organizations, Veeva domain architects, and other vendors to define the overall information architecture to meet current and future business needs.
As our customers are looking to drive more value from their data assets you will need to help them structure their data/information conversations within a framework/context that helps them accomplish their strategic and operational objectives. You will work with our customers to identify business drivers, establish priorities, define roadmaps and work with other vendors and Veeva to help them realize that vision. You will also be engaging our customers to explore innovative ways of using data to improve their business outcomes with measurable results.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Veeva is a Work Anywhere company and our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to assess the current state, co-create a future state, and drive the development of the information architecture roadmap to meet customers’ current and future needs.
- Advance cross-functional collaboration in driving customers’ commercial business innovation and advanced analytics while providing guidance on best practices and standards in information management, agile data governance, and modern data security and protection.
- Help customers drive evergreen strategies for key foundational data capabilities (e.g. Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality, etc.).
- Enable customers to develop collaborative partnership strategies to build data champions to support a broader enterprise data strategy.
- Engage with customers and Veeva’s Business Consulting organization to bring forward new ways of thinking around data to improve commercial business outcomes.
- Help drive cloud adoption and leverage cloud-enabled technologies and toolsets within the Data and Analytics domain.
- Advocate data security and the appropriate use of information and data within the target information and data architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and/or supporting data/information architecture and analytic platforms (data warehouse, data hub, ETL/transformations, and/or Business Intelligence)
- 3+ years of technology consulting experience
- Experience working with data warehouses, data lakes, and other data platforms in a cloud and on-premise environment.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL, RDBMS, and data stores such as AWS Redshift, MySQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB
- Experience with Data Modeling and Data Lifecycle including data quality, lineage, and traceability.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Visualization, and/or Data Virtualization for both structured and/or unstructured data.
- Ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with stakeholders, and work cooperatively at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% (no current travel due to COVID)
Nice to Have
- Experience implementing BioPharma Commercial Sales & Marketing related IT and technology solutions.
- Experience with Veeva Commercial Cloud solutions
- Experience in HCP/Patient Journey Analytics, Marketing Decision Engines, and Salesforce.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.